Richard, Software Specialist
Experience:  Over 15 year experience resolving Microsoft Office Issues
32989067

background to this enquiry, i purchased Microsoft home use

Customer Question

background to this enquiry, i purchased Microsoft home use 2013 and was advised to remove Microsoft office professional 2010 before installing 2013 version. I have Microsoft Office home edition already installed.
Q- I'm having problems with Microsoft outlook now, I receive this message error 1321, setup cannot modify the file c:\ProgramData|Microsoft\Windows\StartMenu\Programs\Microsoft Office|Microsoft Outlook2010.Ink. Verify that the file exists in your system and that you have sufficent permissions to update it.
I could not instal 2013 Home use version after a number of attempts. I get the same message for microsoft excel and word as well, I ran system restore to bring my settings back but to no avail

Please provide me with some assistance to get back outlook, word and excel. I don't know if I lost the last 6mths of outlook emails in the process
Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is Richard.

I need to clarify please, this is happening during installation? Or after installation and when you go to open a office program?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi RichieMe

Log in is normal, it's only when I open an office program. The installation process happens and the load up bar goes to about 30 % and then the message appears, asks me whether I want to cancel, retry or ignore. if i click on cancel button, says a fatal error during installation,

If I click on retry, the same message stays on screen

If I click on ignore button, I get this message - warning 1946 property "System.AppUserModel.ExcludeFrom ShowlnNewinstall" for shortcut microsoftOutlook.Ink could not be sent

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
thanks Mike

Which version of Windows are you running?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Win7

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thanks Mike

I want to first ensure there is no corruption in either the registry or on the hard drive.

do the following please

Download CC Cleaner (free) from here

CC Cleaner

(Click Download Latest Version on the top right)

Run it and let it scan and repair your registry.

Once done, restart the computer

Than

Click Start, All Programs, Accessories, right click on Command Prompt and select Run As Administrator.

A black window will open.

Type in it

sfc /scannow

press enter and when it has completed, type in

chkdsk /f

Press enter.

It will complain the Volume is in use and to run on restart. Say YES and restart the computer

Than test and let me know please if you still have the problem

Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi Richard,

After re starting, the installation process showed on the screen. When I clicked on Outlook, I still get the error 1321 message as before

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thanks

Rather then double click the Outlook Icon Mike, right click it and select Run as Administrator

Does it then start ok?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi Richard

The right clicked on Outlook icon run as administrator, then it asks me yes or no to run the program. Another message shows It says that MSVCR90.dll is missing from my computer and to try to re installing the program to fix this problem

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thanks Mike

Can you download THIS FILE

And copy it to c:\windows\system32

then restart the computer and try again

Let me know the results please

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi Richard

I copied the file to c:\windows\system32 and re started the computer. No changes and outlook is still not working. I'm going to take a break and have dinner as its now 8.30pm Sydney time. You might suggest some other ways to attack this problem in your reply, short of re loading Outlook, XL and Word , regards M

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Close all Office programs please

Click Start > Control Panel > Programs > Programs and Features.
Click the Office program , and then click Change, click Online Repair.

Once completed, restart the computer and test outlook.

Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi Richard

The options available are uninstall and change.Change is not highlighted and I can't click on it to make it do anything

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, then we have to reinstall it Mike.

Do you still have the installation file?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi Richard

I'm not sure about the installation file, I have the back up disc for office professional

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
to confirm Mike, you have the Office Installation Disk correct?

For office 2013?

Or where did you purchase it from?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi

I have the 2010 back up disc

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok... I did ask where you purchased 2013 from... but you missed the question?

Or if you want to install 2010 back on.

Then uninstall office Mike, there in the list, and use the disk to reinstall.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi Richard

I previously uninstalled 2010 and then loaded up office 2013.

It was not a successful load.

I can try again Richard and advise you want happens this time

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Please do and let me know exactly what happens when it is not succesful this time.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi Richard

The 2010 office name still shows up on programs list.

2013 disc comes up with a message, Windows does not find the file C:\Program file\Microsoft Office15\Client 64\integrated office.exe - does not load up and tells me there is not enough free space on main hard drive

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, click Start

Type in %temp%

Press enter and delete all files and folders listed there.

Then restart the computer and try the install again.

Let me know the results please

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

2013 disc still does not load, and the same message comes onto the screen

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Can you do this Mike

Click Start, type in Regedit and press enter

In the Registry Editor, go to the following registry location and delete the ClicktoRun registry key.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Office\15.0\ClickToRun

Once this key is deleted, restart the computer and try to install

Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi Richard

Microsoft professional 2010 is still in programs and still wants to load up when i log in. have not been able to completely remove it

2013 disc loads up, but the something went wrong message now come up

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Download Revouninstaller from

www.revouninstaller.com

try to remove Office 2010 with it

Then try 2013 please

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi Richard

I have run revouninstaller and removed microsoft office 2010, Still shows on the program list

2013 disc runs and still shows as something is wrong

I will temporarily stop our exchange, as I need to get to sleep.

Will continue tomorrow night

Regards

M

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thanks Mike,

Is that the exact error message?

Can you click Start, type in MSCONFIG and press enter.

Click on the startup tab and click Disable All.

click ok, restart and then try to install again.

We can do this tomorrow, no problem, just let me know how you go please Mike.

Richie
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi Richie

I was getting the something is wrong message after the disc failed to load up office 2013 last night.

After I disabled all in MSCONFIG tonight, the 2013 disc does not load at all, at best it asks me to click on the microsoft click and run does not

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, we are going to need to reinstall Windows Mike.

I know this is not ideal, but its required.

Everything else has been ruled out.

If you tell me the brand of the computer and when you have backed up your programs, I can assist you on how to do the reinstall.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi

Sounds like we are at the last resort stage

Its a Dell and I run automatic back ups every night

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thanks,

Turn off the computer.

Turn it on and keep tapping F8 until you get to a menu

Choose Advance Boot Options.

Then choose Recovery Manager.

follow the procedure to do a Factory Restore.

When complete, windows is installed and first try to install Office.

Let me know the results please

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi Richie

Those options you sent don't show exactly what the computer options are showing

F8 does not work on my DELL to get the menu to show, its F2 for menu or F12 for boot options. I'm not sure what I pressed on the menu, but when the DELL computer restarts , I get a message stating that "missing operating system and the cursor flashing on a black screen, and nothing else happens, so must have pressed an option that is wrong. can you point me in the right direction

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
It is F8 Mike.

You need to keep tapping it from the moment the computer starts until you see the menu.

Please do this and confirm.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I tried a number of times with F8 and no menus are showing

I still have" Missing operating system" and cursor showing on my screen and can only get rid of this message by pressing ctrl/ALT/Delete

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, then it has been wiped Mike.

Someone deleted the Hidden partition, which means you are going to have to have a Windows Disk.

do you have one available?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

No Richie, I don't have a Windows disk

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, this is going to be needed Mike.

Are you able to borrow one, or do you want me to recommend where you can purchase one from?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

None of friends have a disk.They have even asked me for one

Yes where can I purchase a disk or would it be a download?

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
You cant download it, but you can purchase it Click Me

this is pretty cheap to Mike.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I will receive the package tomorrow and will contact you then.

As for people trying to help me, its made the problem worse

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thanks Mike

What did you mean with "As for people trying to help me, its made the problem worse" ? Are you referring to me?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

no, not you at all, my brother professes to know the ins and outs of Windows and was telling me do this, not this ,click on this.

He uses Apple Mac and stays away from any Microsoft products

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ah ok :)

Thanks Mike. Yes a little bit of knowledge can be dangerous..

Let me know how it goes when you get the disk please

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi Richard

I'm still waiting for Microsoft WIndows 7 disc to arrive, before I can load up the operating system again and get the PC working.

So we are not finished in terms of the original question about outlook up and running again

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
No problem Mike, just let me know when you have done it please.

Thank you