NewITZone, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  I have been using Office Pro for 10 years and implemented applications for business use.

i purchased a asus x54c laptop for my wife jan/feb we dont

Customer Question

i purchased a asus x54c laptop for my wife jan/feb we dont seem to get the microsoft office working
Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 3 years ago.
Hello my name is Freddy. I look forward to assisting you today and am very sorry to hear you are having this problem.
Your browser is actually the program you use to open the internet.
What happens when you try to use Microsoft office?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

tried to activate office 2010 and was asked for the key product we dont seem to have one on the sceen is a box which says i already purchased office 2010 with a tick beside it to avtivate' which i have done

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 3 years ago.
You need a product key in order to activate office and me giving you one would be illegal and a form of piracy.
You would need to contact whoever sold you the machine to get the key as it should have come with the computer.

Some computers come with a trial version up to 2 years only of office and not a licensed version.
If that was the case you would need to buy a new product key from Microsoft.
If you are not sure how to do that let me know.

The only other thing you could do is use an alternative software that will still open the word and excel files from office.