Chris L., Support Specialist
Experience:  Certified Expert with over 10 years experience.
51029781

If I wanted to use microsoft excel, and copy cell 1000-7000

If I wanted to use microsoft excel, and copy cell 1000-7000 what would be the easiest way to do this, without having to keep my finger on the mouse and scrolling down
Hello and thank you for using Just Answer. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be happy to assist you.

Yes this can be done. You did not mention which version of excel you are using the instructions may vary a bit.

You will need to know the the addresses of both the top-left and the bottom-right cells in the range, you can enter those address delimited by a colon like this for example A1:P6751 ,into the address box and then press enter this will select them all. The address box is on the top left and is the box that says what cell you currently have selected. Once you select them you can use CTRL C to copy them.

I made you a short video tutorial to better explain, please click the link below to watch:
http://screencast.com/t/S15grX14

If you need further help please do not hesitate to reply back and let me know.

Thank You
-Chris
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

if they are in the same row, couldn't you do something with your mouse?

You can select a range also by click in one cell, then hold shift and click in the cell at the end of the range and that will select them.

You do not have to drag over the range, you can use the first method I provided or use the shift click method.

I made another video to demonstrate this method
http://screencast.com/t/6ybmCNV3B

Let me know if you need more help.

Thanks,
Chris