Richard, Software Specialist
Experience:  Over 15 year experience resolving Microsoft Office Issues
32989067

i can receive mail, but not send it. All info regarding code

i can receive mail, but not send it. All info regarding code etc. is in order (checked with the server people). I have Windows 7.
Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is Richard.

Can you tell me exactly which email service you are using please?

Is it Hotmail that you use via your internet Browser? Or Microsoft Outlook 2010 (or tell me the version please)

And exactly which error do you receive?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi Richard,

I use Microsoft Outlook and I use it via my Browser.

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank you

So you go to www.hotmail.com ? in your browser?

And what is the exact error you get please Nancy?

thank you

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

No, I don't go through hotmail, I have an address that is connected to my telephone company, as I've had it for years, and don't want to change it. The error I get is: the server cannot be found

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank you

Can I log on and look please?

It is easier.

Go to Click Me

Click the Orange Play button

Download and run the program and click Share

Give me the numbers at the top of the screen (eg: 456-789-123)

Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Do I wait on this page? I don't see any room for reply on the one I just shared with you.

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Yes, but run the program Nancy, and it will produce 9 numbers at the top of the screen.

Please give these to me.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Richard, I am going to give up and take this pc to a pc place. I don't think I can figure all this out, even with your patient help!

I have been very satisfied with your quick and also polite response, and therefore am happy to pay for the help.

Kind regards,

Nancy

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok Nancy, but if I log on I can resolve this.

The outgoing server in Outlook is misconfigured, and this needs to be corrected, but I need to know the server that should be specified, which I could find on the computer.

If you wish to continue, let me know, else if you can Rate My Service that is appreciated.

Thank you

Richard, Software Specialist
Experience: Over 15 year experience resolving Microsoft Office Issues