Chris L., Support Specialist
Experience:  Certified Expert with over 10 years experience.
51029781

Find missing ms office 2007 product key code.

Hello and thank you for using Just Answer. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be happy to assist you.

I am sorry to hear you are having trouble.

Have you ever had this version of office installed on your computer previously?

It may be possible to recover the key from the computer if it was installed on that computer at one time.

Please let me know so I can further assist.

Thank You
-Chris
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No ms office 2007 has not been installed on another machine. It was installed on the computer at the time it was purchased but never activated until now.

Any CD or paper info supplied with the computer at the time of purchase has been lost. What more do you need to know?

Did you uninstall it or has it been installed the whole time and it is now telling you to activate?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Installed the whole time (since around 2008) and only now are we trying to activate it because we want to use word and outlook 2007.

OK but just so I am clear, you have never used office before is that correct?

Did you just try and use outlook and word for the first time now and it is asking to activate?

You were not able to use it since 2008 correct?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The Pavilion dv6 notebook running Win 7 premium home pack was used for other tasks from 2008. It is only now that the owner (my employee) wants to use the Office 2007 word and email. That is when the problem arose - requires on line registration but the reg code has been lost. So, yes when we launched the two apps up popped the "enter yr reg code" or else some functions of the the apps will be limited. I cannot find anything to suggest that office 2007 was a trial version. It seems the loaded as part of the premium home pack.

Is the window you are seeing something like this?

graphic
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Spot on, that is what I see.

Thank you.

What is odd to me is it seems like you are telling me you were able to use it at one time.

There are a couple of ways around this. First have a look at the computer itself for a microsoft sticker with the key for office, you may also see a windows key but you want one that says office. Sometimes they will stick it on the computer itself.

If the key was entered at one point on this computer.To reveal all product keys ever used on the computer that were installed and activated, use this free program, click here: http://tinyurl.com/2efkzu7

Install the program, make sure when you see the screen below you choose custom and uncheck the boxes beneath as you do not need any of that.

After it installs run the program and if it can find the key it will display it. Basically it will search for all software keys.

If not, Please click here: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2548260 and make sure that you have done all that is listed here.

If none of the above work you will need to call Microsoft directly for a replacement key.

I believe you are in New Zealand so the number for Microsoft would be 0800 800 004

If you need further help please do not hesitate to reply back and let me know.

Thank You
-Chris