The-PC-Guy
The-PC-Guy, Computer Manager
Experience:  20 years experience providing remote computer support
62934938

how do I find the tool menu in Excel 2010. The better question

how do I find the tool menu in Excel 2010. The better question is that I have a circular reference in a spreadsheet and need to find it. I believe excel has a circular reference toolbar but can't find how to install it.
Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  The-PC-Guy replied 1 year ago.

The-PC-Guy :

Thanks for using JustAnswer. My name isXXXXX will do whatever I can to answer your question

The-PC-Guy :

REMEMBER THAT JUST ANSWER IS A PAID SERVICE

The-PC-Guy :

to add the circular ref tool bar

The-PC-Guy :

on the top of the screen you have tabs

Customer:

yes, I know that

The-PC-Guy :

file home

The-PC-Guy :

etc..

The-PC-Guy :

click file

The-PC-Guy :

under thetr

The-PC-Guy :

hold a sec

Customer:

ok

The-PC-Guy :

let me open mine so I can give you step by step

Customer:

Thanks

Customer:

Are we still connected?

The-PC-Guy :

yes

The-PC-Guy :

as usual

The-PC-Guy :

ms moves everything around with every version

The-PC-Guy :

what you have to do to correct a circular reference in 2010

The-PC-Guy :

is find the cell that has the formula and change it

The-PC-Guy :

to do this click the formulas tab

The-PC-Guy :

there is a group for formula auditing

The-PC-Guy :

under there is a down arrow next to the word error checking

Customer:

I would understand that to be reasonable. How do you find the circular reference? Another site says to install the cr toolbar.

The-PC-Guy :

to do this click the formulas tab

12:50 PM

there is a group for formula auditing

12:51 PM

The-PC-Guy :

click that

The-PC-Guy :

you will see circular reference open

The-PC-Guy :

select that

The-PC-Guy :

or i mean hover on it

The-PC-Guy :

and you will see a list of all of the cells that have circular references

The-PC-Guy :

there used to be a separate tool bar for it in office 2003

The-PC-Guy :

but they did away with it in later versions

The-PC-Guy :

did you get all of that?

The-PC-Guy :

or are you stuck?

Customer:

I found it. Wow, how simple was that? That is why i prefer the plain old Quattro Pro

The-PC-Guy :

me too

The-PC-Guy :

lol

The-PC-Guy :

or lets go back to lotus 123

Customer:

Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX you go onto something else but only aftrer i remember where the OK service button on this site.

The-PC-Guy :

think you have to leave chat to rate

The-PC-Guy :

i don't know where that is on your screen

The-PC-Guy :

thanks

Customer:

got it. Thanks.

The-PC-Guy :

or say, I wish to Accept the Answer

The-PC-Guy :

and Ill have the site admins do it

The-PC-Guy :

sorry it still has not gone through yet

The-PC-Guy, Computer Manager
Experience: 20 years experience providing remote computer support
Expert:  The-PC-Guy replied 1 year ago.
Our chat has ended, but you can still continue to ask me questions here until you are satisfied with your answer. Come back to this page to view our conversation and any other new information.

What happens now?

If you haven’t already done so, please rate your answer above. Or, you can reply to me using the box below.
Expert:  The-PC-Guy replied 1 year ago.
PLEASE DON'T FORGET TO RATE,

THANKS