Mike, IT Professional
Experience:  20 years configuring and maintaining computers and networks

I have a excel speadsheet that i need to have add up totals

Customer Question

I have a excel speadsheet that i need to have add up totals by regonizing the name that i put in the first column.

So if i have DKC, NK, DKC in the first three columns but i only want the excel to add up the rows with the letter DKC in them and not the NK ones.

If this is poissble let me know how
Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.

Mike :

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer! My name is XXXXX XXXXX I would be glad to assist you with your issue today.

Mike :

Hello

<span class="JA_chatAuthorName"Customer:

ok

Mike :

what is your name?

ry

Mike :

I am pretty sure you can do what you want, if I understand your question correctly.

ok excellent

Mike :

do you have a sample spreadsheet that you are working with?

yes

Mike :

If possible you could mail it to me and I can open it and we can discuss from there

Mike :

my email is XXXXXXXXXX

ok sent it

Mike :

let me know when you've sent that

Mike :

oh there it is

Rachel-Mod41284.6566832523
Mike :

OK Ryan, I'm looking at it

Customer:

ok i need all the DKC to add up in the prepaid area for DKC

Mike :

so on the far right column of the blue DKC row

Mike :

should be the sum of the 2 DKC totals above is that correct?

Customer:

nope in the column for 3000 something

Customer:

yup

Customer:

but i want if i change the row that the DKC is in in the top table to still had up in the bottom table

Mike :

I understand, shouldn't matter which row has a DKC or how many there are right?

Customer:

right

Mike :

do you have the spreadsheet up in front of you?

Customer:

yup

Mike :

so you want that total dumped into E29

Customer:

yup

Mike :

Ryan, give me a few minutes. 1. I need to go to the lew. 2. I'll work out the logic and email it back to you. When you get the email, we can meet back in here to discuss. does that work for you?

Mike :

one more point. are the only choices those 3 NK, DKC and Invison?

Customer:

yup

Mike :

OK talk to you soon.

Customer:

how long will u need

Mike :

oh 10 minutes, maybe 15.

Customer:

ok ill still be around

Mike :

isounds good

Mike :

I'll just stay in the chat here

Mike, IT Professional
Experience: 20 years configuring and maintaining computers and networks
Expert:  The-PC-Guy replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for using JustAnswer. My name isXXXXX will do whatever I can to answer your question

Can you please upload the worksheet to www.wikisend.com, so that we all can see it.

I'm sorry but we experts cannot communicate by email. It is against site policy.

upload the worksheet to

www.wikisend.com

type

www.wikisend.com

into your browser address bar

then click the upload tab

find the worksheet on your computer

click open

then click upload button

wait a few seconds

then wikisend site will give you a download link

paste that link here, and I will assist you
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
Hi Ryan, I have provided you with the spreadsheet using the sumif function. Let me know if you need additional help
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.

Hello Ryan,

I have also put the spreadsheet up on the wikisend website so you can get at it there. for the next 7 days.

http://wikisend.com/download/744410/speadsheet.xlsx