Eric M
Eric M, Computer Scientist
Experience:  10+ years of experience in building, repairing, and debugging computers.

I am trying to make a spreadsheet that I can maintain and update

I am trying to make a spreadsheet that I can maintain and update that will make a two line chart for presentation at a meeting each week. this is the parameters
I want to use dates of every 7 days starting ending day of week Jan 7 (next being 14 etc.)
Then I want to have Unique Visitors for 2012 on each of those 7 days
Then I want it to have a second line for same days in 2013.
How do I make this chart
Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  Eric M replied 1 year ago.
Hey! Welcome to JustAnswer! I'll be happy to help you with this.

Is this what you had in mind? (link)

If not, please let me know what you need differently. Or, you could upload your current sheet and I could take a look at it instead.

Thanks! If this answer is acceptable, please remember to click 'Accept' or give positive feedback when prompted. If you need further assistance before this is deemed acceptable, please don't hesitate to ask for more detail. Thanks again!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Attachment: 2013-01-09_153935_users_comparison_2012_vs_2013.xlsx

I am not sure if this downloaded correctly to this email but I just want to have a upgradable line chart.

I am building it from Excell

The spreadsheet has the following cells

A1 is filled with DATE

B1 is filled with Unique Visitors 2012

C1 is filled with Unique Vistors 2013

A3 jan7

A4 jan 14

A5 Jan 21

A5 Jan 28

These date continue thru A32 which reaches at dat of July 29

B3 thru B32 will be the amount of users we had (representing one week) on that day last year

C3 thru C32 will have the data of how many users (we had that week) on each of the dates in 2013.

I would like the Chart to be lined with bullets at each date

Two lines for comparison , 1 line being red the other blue

Red line with be the amount of unique visitor to my web site at each one of the dates . I will input the data each week as it comes available. for 2013

the Blue line will be the data of unique visitor we had to our web site on that date in 2012,

This should show two line going across the chart show the comparison of how many users visited the web site on each one of the dates.

from january 7th where it will start and end when we reach July 29th of this year.

The more I type the more confusing this seems but I dont think it should be.

I just want a chart to present at a staff meeting each week with the Comparisons between 2012 and 2013 on a seven day sequence. I have the data for 2012 but will have to add the data for 2013 as I get it.

Thanks and hope this helps

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Relist: Other.
It has nothing to do with his answer although it was entirely off base of my need. I sent a response to the answer he gave and it said to expect a answer within 15 minutes and now it has been 1 hour and when I check he is not online.
Expert:  Eric M replied 1 year ago.
Ah, I see! I think I understand. Is this what you're looking for, then? (link)

I've filled in the chart with sample data to demonstrate the way the chart appears, but you can overwrite it with your own numbers -- the line graph should update automatically.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

That is what I want. I would like the chart to be larger so the dates on the bottom show better and I will only be adding the data for the users as in column B each week as we reach that date so I want it to update or create a new chart each time.

Expert:  Eric M replied 1 year ago.
Alrighty, how about this? (link)

As far as I could tell, the chart size was the only change you had in mind, but let me know if you need anything else done.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

So Im sorry but I dont know how to make it yet and I did try downloading but cant see anything happening.

Expert:  Eric M replied 1 year ago.
No worries -- do you mean you can't get it to download, or when you download it it doesn't seem to work?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

If it is downloading I dont see it or see where it went. I dont know what the download really is. I see the spreadsheet and chart and that is what I want but I need to know how to get there

Expert:  Eric M replied 1 year ago.
I'm sorry, I still don't totally follow. Where are you seeing it if you haven't downloaded it? Did you click Download in the top right?

Here is another link just in case: (link)
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I rebooted and the download worked. My problem now he has the first date shown is January 14th and should be seventh. It does the same thing when I built the chart

Expert:  Eric M replied 1 year ago.
Oh, odd. Try this one: (link) (alternative link)
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I sent a response to just answer and they said they forwarded it to you. I am not sure what you hours are. but let me know if this is usuall.

Thanks

Expert:  Eric M replied 1 year ago.
I'm not sure I understand -- did the latest files I sent you not work?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

No. did you get the file I sent to the techsupport people. They said they sent it to you. I dont know how to send it through here. When I put in the data it does not work. and the first comparison should be from the 1st of January to the 7th as that is when the intial data figure are inputed so I had asked if the first fields in the DATE column should be the first and the first data input should be on the 7th. THERE IS NO COMPARISON SHOWN ON THE GRAPH ON THE 7TH AND THERE SHOULD BE. If you tell me how or where to send the file with my data input I will.

Also I will be leaving the Office in a few minutes but will be able to look at this when I get home in a hour or so.

Expert:  Eric M replied 1 year ago.

Oh, sorry -- yes, they did email it to me, but they did so without any explanation as to why they were emailing me, so I didn't even know the attachment was there.

The problem is that in the first row, the underlying value of the Date is 01/07/2013, not 01/07/2012. Click that cell, change the year to 2012, and you'll see the line graph extend to January 7th.

Note that it won't show a point for the 2013 visitors until you add a value for 01/14 -- that's because in a line chart, it can only graph when it has at least two points. Otherwise, it has nowhere to draw the line. If you want to see a dot appear for 01/07, right click the Chart, click Change Chart Type, and choose the fourth kind of scatterplot instead.

Eric M, Computer Scientist
Experience: 10+ years of experience in building, repairing, and debugging computers.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I rated you so why am I getting emails asking about how it was. are they just saying do you have any other qauestions?

Expert:  Eric M replied 1 year ago.
Sorry! You don't need to do anything, that's just the site's way of reminding you we're here if you need any more help.