Richard, Software Specialist
Experience:  Over 15 year experience resolving Microsoft Office Issues
32989067

I have a db thats worked for years. It was built in 2007 and

Customer Question

I have a db that's worked for years. It was built in 2007 and evolved into 2010 but worked after that. One day it just up and decided to print a formerly one page report in 12 parts, just a section of the page on each sheet. There a several people who regularly work with the db so I have no clue what precipitated this change. In the layout view, margins showing you can see the divisions as it prints by I cannot find a way to reverse that and get the frustrating thing to print as it should. Help!
Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
Hi there and welcome

Can you do the following please

Open the Database once (so no one has it open but you)

Than click File, Info, Compact and Repair

Let it complete, close Access, reopen and test

Let me know the results please

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Done many times. No joy. More info though. I can move the db to different computers via email. Same network and printers. Once there it may act correctly..... or not. I did not witness but believe one user who tells me it worked on one computer for her initially but went south later. Those things may point more to Access settings on a computer more than the db itself but I have not been able to find any commonalities. Government db and computers so sharing would be problematic. I have removed vast tufts of my own hair so was willing to pay out of my own pocket for fresh ideas.

Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
ok, no access program settings, this is not it

can you upload it to

www.wikisend.com and provide me the download link

I can look at it than

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Government db and may not be shared. I may be able to build a redacted version, that will take time and may alter it's behavoir again. Later.

Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
is any of the data spreading to the next page? this can cause the problem.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I may not understand your question. The report had many data points spread over a single sheet. When it now prints it divides the printing into sections and prints it such that each section prints on a separate sheet but in its original position on the report page. Basically it divides the page up as though you were printing to file card sized paper yet it positions the left upper section in the left upper corner of one letter sized sheet and the rest in their corresponding positions on subsequent sheets. I could stack the several sheets and with a strong light behind view the full sheet like a completed puzzle. Aggravating.

Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
without being able to see it, it makes it hard

Can you screen shot and blot out sensitive information?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I'll try, at work tomorrow.

Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
thanks