Richard, Software Specialist
Experience:  Over 15 year experience resolving Microsoft Office Issues
32989067

I have an Access 97 database for our bakery business and it

I have an Access 97 database for our bakery business and it has been terrific, on Friday evening it came up with error 3167 indicating that a record has been deleted. No information seems to have gone but the program will not close down the current day ( I.e, it is still on last Friday) or produce weekly Invoices for last week. Can you help please?
Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Hi there and welcome

What error you you receive when you try to close the day?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It says "record is deleted" then goes on to the Halt box
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thanks Mike

Can you upload the database to www.wikisend.com

Provide me the download link it gives you

I can than look at it directly

Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The computer that it is on is not connected to the Internet. We just use it as a stand alone function
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Are you able to copy it via memory stick? as I need to look at the program to see why you get the error

OR do you have a previous backup of the program?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We have back up discs but I put one into our Internet computer and it couldn't read it
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
what was the error you received?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It came up as Record is deleted (Error) 3167
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, upload the file please to www.wikisend.com

I need to look at it please, so see what is causing the error

Please give me download link

Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Here's the file:

http://wikisend.com/download/911004/BakeBox.zip

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
thanks

Tell me which step to do to get this error in program please

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

You'll need to log in, run the end of day routines and close the day.

User = bakebox

Pass = grace

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Sorry but it will not open here

Can you do this. Open the program

On the Tools menu, click Options, click the General tab, and the click to select the Compact on Close check box

Than close Access and let it compact.

Reopen and try to close the day.

Let me know the results please

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

have been asked by Mike look at this, my name isXXXXX is an application on access with enhanced security, it is not possible to get to any of the database controls nor to use it on another copy of microsoft access. I don;t believe you will be able to fix this, it is probably a question for the developer...

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
If you hold Shift, and than open it with Shift held down

Can you get to the tools?

Richard, Software Specialist
Experience: Over 15 year experience resolving Microsoft Office Issues