Yegarboy
Yegarboy, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  Expert VBA Programmer.
18042535

I want to make changes to a file that was

Customer Question

I want to make changes to a file that was created for me previously on just answer.

I have an excel file that is for collecting stats and and I want to change some things. Currently the file has tabs for weeks and the days of the week are the columns. I would like to change it to the tabs for the day and each column is for individual pts I see daily. It will be many more tabs and columns.  The extra part that was done by Yegarboy (the last person who helped me on just answer) is a macro that enables me to click on the items and then it adds the information directly to the excel sheet.

I guess I have been a little impatient. I got my answer so quickly last time but it wasn't on a weekend. I hope someone can help.

Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  ITGuyDave replied 1 year ago.
Hello! Mu name is XXXXX XXXXX I'd be happy to take a look at your spreadsheet for you. Can you please go to:

http://www.wikisend.com/

And upload your file and then return here and post the download link so that I can retrieve it? If it has sensitive data be sure to have it expire quickly and put a password XXXXX it.

Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX monitoring for your response.

Expert:  Yegarboy replied 1 year ago.
If it is ok with Mr Dave I will be happy to modify the code I wrote for you :)
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for the reply Dave but It would be great if Yegarboy could answer my question since he knows the story allready.

Expert:  Yegarboy replied 1 year ago.
Go ahead and upload your file to www.wikisend.com and give me the file id or download link. Then let me know what needs done. :)
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I have uploaded it

here is the link, let me know if it doesn't work

http://wikisend.com/download/425536/New Excell worksheet solution #1.zip

Expert:  Yegarboy replied 1 year ago.
Ok great, I have it now :)

Fire away with the instructions :)
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

So what I would like to do is enter the data for each patient I see instead of entering it in at the end of the day. The function to do it as the day goes with the way it is now is not great. I have also talked to my collegues and they don't want to use it so I am going to get rid of some of the rows of data that are a bit irrelevant for me.

So my idea is to change the tabs at the bottom instead of being weekly to daily ( day 1,day2 etc for 3 months) and on day have 30 columns (one for each patient I might see in a day)

Or do you think it would be better to just make all the tabs patients and just skip the days of the week. I estimate that the max number of pts I might see in a month would be 300 but I need to collect data for 3 months.

If this is going to be a nightmare for you please let me know

I will send you a list of the data I want to keep in the rows in just a sec

Expert:  Yegarboy replied 1 year ago.
I think it would be easier to make the Tabs Patient names and instead of Monday thru Friday, add 31 columns. So each Patients tab has a Month of stats. It could even go to 3 months of stats if needed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I am a little confused, So each tab at the bottom would be Pt #1, Pt #2 etc

I would need a total of 300 pt per month so 900 for my total stats would that be 900 tabs at the bottom of the pg?

did you get my edit about the row data?

The rows that are in red are the only ones I really need with the exception of Row #7 (pts seen outside the clinic) this one should be in red also

Expert:  Yegarboy replied 1 year ago.
Oh,

we have a problem then. Excel has a limit of 255 sheets. You would have to have a workbook for every Patient.

I got your edit about the stats to be removed :).

I'm not sure what to do about this.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

what if we go back to my original idea that each tab at the bottom in a different day and then instead of the days of the week inside the tab it is pt#1 - P#30 (I don't usually see more than 15/day but 30 would be the max I can even imagine)

Expert:  Yegarboy replied 1 year ago.
So instead of Monday thru Friday it would be a Pt1 Pt2 ect? That we can do :)
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Yes, and instead of weeks at the bottom it can be individual days.

D1 - D65

Expert:  Yegarboy replied 1 year ago.
Sounds good. Give me 20 30 minutes :)
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Great I am going to make lunch for my daughter.

I can't believe it would only take 30 minutes. you rock!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

about 10 min before you replied to my question I asked for refund and I just got the confirmation, I assumed it was cancelled since you were replying to me. How do I start the payment again. I don't want to lose you today :)

Expert:  Yegarboy replied 1 year ago.
Contact Customer service :) or Click Rate when I post the answer.

I am nearly finished. I ran into some issues I had to work thru but am progressing nicely.

Hopefully not much longer
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

thanks I will wait until you are done and click rate and if it doesn't work out I will contact customer service

Expert:  Yegarboy replied 1 year ago.
Sounds good :)
Expert:  Yegarboy replied 1 year ago.
Finishing up :)
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Awesome! thank you again for all your work

Expert:  Yegarboy replied 1 year ago.
You are very welcome.

http://www.mediafire.com/?68eb05cmxd53676

let me know if anything needs tweaked :)

Sorry it took so long, I had to re-write the entire code and add 30 different events to handle all the data. Whew! :)
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Sorry but there is some things that still need to be tweeked.

first I need to have more days, ideally 65 (for 3 months worth of data) (as I implied earlier this might be a nightmare for you) So there would be 30pts per day for 65 days

Also the totals page does not seem to be working

Expert:  Yegarboy replied 1 year ago.
I will add 64 more days and fix the totals but that wasn't included in the original question. Are you ok with adding a bonus for extra work?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I think it was in the original question but I am happy to give you a bonus as I am very grateful for all your work
Expert:  Yegarboy replied 1 year ago.
Here ya go :)

http://www.mediafire.com/?9qxttfazh5592q9

Hope this does you well :)
Yegarboy, Computer Enthusiast
Experience: Expert VBA Programmer.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi, it looks like it is all working well, I guess what I was asking for was something that is way more than just one question. I was hoping that the macros would still be there But I guess that would be too much work eh?

If I offered to give you more of a bonus would you be able to do it?

Expert:  Yegarboy replied 1 year ago.
I am so sorry,

Its still there I just turned it off while i finished adding the sheets.

Here ya go. Thanks for the Rating :)

http://www.mediafire.com/?szgr6gqp1j620mw
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thanks !!!!

Expert:  Yegarboy replied 1 year ago.
You very welcome. Take care :)