The-PC-Guy
The-PC-Guy, Computer Manager
Experience:  20 years experience providing remote computer support
62934938

Excel 2010 Home & Student. When using =SUM((b3:b39) formula

Customer Question

Excel 2010 Home & Student. When using =SUM((b3:b39) formula cell returns # XXXXX
Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  The-PC-Guy replied 1 year ago.

The-PC-Guy :

Thanks for using JustAnswer. My name isXXXXX will do whatever I can to answer your question

The-PC-Guy :

let me know when you are ready to being

The-PC-Guy :

begin

Customer:

ready now

The-PC-Guy :

you have too many parenteses

The-PC-Guy :

change to

The-PC-Guy :

=SUM(b3:b39)

The-PC-Guy :

then it should work

Customer:

\\\that's what I am inputting in

The-PC-Guy :

do you get something like

The-PC-Guy :

#################

The-PC-Guy :

in the output?

Customer:

No, just one #

The-PC-Guy :

ok, i would need to see your worksheet

The-PC-Guy :

can you upload to www.wikisend.com

The-PC-Guy :

after uploading you will be given a download link

The-PC-Guy :

paste here

The-PC-Guy :

and i should be able to fix it

Customer:

Need help with this please

The-PC-Guy :

you can open another tab in your browser

The-PC-Guy :

and type

The-PC-Guy :

www.wikisend.com

The-PC-Guy :

into the addresss bar

The-PC-Guy :

then click upload tab

The-PC-Guy :

find the file

The-PC-Guy :

then upload it

The-PC-Guy :

The-PC-Guy :

and a file ID#

The-PC-Guy :

if you just type the file ID# XXXXX can access it

The-PC-Guy :

how is it going?

Expert:  The-PC-Guy replied 1 year ago.
Our chat has ended, but you can still continue to ask me questions here until you are satisfied with your answer. Come back to this page to view our conversation and any other new information.

What happens now?

If you haven’t already done so, please rate your answer above. Or, you can reply to me using the box below.
Expert:  The-PC-Guy replied 1 year ago.
ok when you post the file ID# XXXXX will help you further
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

File should have gone to you.

Expert:  The-PC-Guy replied 1 year ago.
sorry, I never got the file ID #

after you upload to the file to the wikisend website, wait about 30 seconds then the website will give you a file ID#

You then need to let me know what that number is XXXXX I can get the file.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I'll try again.

Expert:  The-PC-Guy replied 1 year ago.
ok, i will be here
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Did you receive it? Number 394846

Expert:  The-PC-Guy replied 1 year ago.
ok I have a solution for you.

You can download from this link

http://wikisend.com/download/140768/Outgoings 2012_13-JA-MOD.xlsx

The problem was that you are using a custom format in the cell you had your formula in, that required the cell to be wider, much wider.

Excel defaults and puts # XXXXX place instead of numbers if the column is to short.

To prevent this just widen the column.

LaughingLaughingLaughingPLEASE DON'T FORGET TO RATE SO I GET PAID FOR MY TIME, BONUS IS ALSO APRECIATEDLaughingLaughingLaughing
The-PC-Guy, Computer Manager
Experience: 20 years experience providing remote computer support
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Many thanks

Expert:  The-PC-Guy replied 1 year ago.
No problem, feel free to ask for me again in the future.

ask for The-PC-Guy