Jason Jones, Computer Technician
Experience:  Over 10 years work experience.
30759776

My old copy of excel started acting weird. When I copy/paste,

My old copy of excel started acting weird. When I copy/paste, my only option is 'text'. I thought I had a corrupted excel. I bought a new copy. The same thing is happening!!!

Usually when I copy (or cut), the cell I'm copying is highlighted in a dotted line. I don't get that line. When I cut, it copies without deleting the old contents. Help!!!1
Greetings,

Thank you for your question and your time today.

My name is Jason and I will be the expert working with you today to help resolve your problem.

May I ask, if you are having this problem with one specific document or all Excel documents?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

All documents. I've tested using new spreadsheets.

Thank you for the update.

May I please, remote into your computer so that I can better help you resolve this problem?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Sure.

Thank you.

AFTER YOU CLICK THE LINK BELOW, you can continue.

Instructions for running the remote application:
- If you are using Internet Explorer, choose to RUN the application.
- If you are using Firefox or Safari, please, open the Downloads window and double click the Elsinore... application. (FIREFOX: In the top menu bar, click TOOLS > DOWNLOADS) (SAFARI: In the top menu bar, click Window > Downloads
- If you are using Google Chrome, please, click the Elsinore... button on the bottom left of your screen after it downloads.

Please, click the following link and allow the remote app to run: http://67.192.95.188:8040/?Session=af5dff40-8625-478b-bcab-c53d6ef7f92a&SUPPORT=NET

Please, do not forget to click the Happy face on the bottom of this page and click Submit, if you are satisfied.

Please, bookmark the following page if you ever want to work with me directly. Any new questions posted at the following page will be sent directly to me: http://www.justanswer.com/computer/expert-computertechmaster/

Thank you,
- Jason