Viet -MS Office Tech
Viet -MS Office Tech, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Ten years of computer hardware and software support; Windows 8 7 Vista XP; Microsoft Office, etc.
30037186

Hi John T. F.: You were able to help me the last time and

Customer Question

Hi John T. F.:

You were able to help me the last time and now I have another problem!
I just bought a new netbook. It worked fine for 3 days and now Explorer 9 will not connect into Internet. Earlier toay it received emails and now no emails at all...either inox or out. Earlier to ay it also would not connect to external links....then the internet connection stopped completely. I am on Wi-Fi and it is working on my other netbook perfectly fine.

I was going to reset the settings but decided not to play computer wizard.....I have programmed in Microsoft Office for Home and Student and it is working fine.

Thank you for what help you can give.

Joanna
Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  Viet -MS Office Tech replied 1 year ago.

Viet - MS Office Tech :

Hi, I will assist with this issue,

Viet - MS Office Tech :

Please restart the netbook if you have not done yet. Does the new netbook have windows 7 or 8? If you click on the wireless/network icon on the new netbook, are you able to connect to wireless?

Viet - MS Office Tech :

Can you click Start->All programs->Accessories->System Tools->System Restore and restore the computer to any date before this issue has occurred, and check?

Viet - MS Office Tech :

Please reply back when you are available to continue, thank you,

Customer:

I was able to do as you ask but my question is: it will only restore back to the original factory settings. If I do this will I lose all that I have programmed into the netbook? Microsoft, and my toolbars for Yahoo and Google. According to the info on this rtting, I will not be able to recover either of these....can I still reput them into my computer so I don't lose Yahoo and Google toolbars........Yahoo is my homepage...will I lose this forever?

Viet - MS Office Tech :

You won't lose any files/data; for any toolbars/programs, you can just reinstall/download.

Viet - MS Office Tech :

It should be quick

Viet - MS Office Tech :

But wait,

Viet - MS Office Tech :

Don't try system restore yet.

Viet - MS Office Tech :

Customer:

Wonderful! It is now 2:30am here and I will have to take a break til the morning and then I will try your suggestion and let you know if all is okay! Is this okay?

Viet - MS Office Tech :

OK, let me know tomorrow. I will continue to work with you.

Customer:

Thank you very very much. I'll be in touch before noon!

Viet - MS Office Tech :

You're welcome. Good night.

Viet - MS Office Tech :

If it does no work, please try these:
Please click on Start, then right-click on Computer, then click on Manage, then click on Device manager, then click on the + (plus) sign in front of Network adapters and right-click on each of the items under it and click on Uninstall and confirm (but don't delete the driver when prompted). Then restart the computer.

Next, click on Start->All Programs->Accessories, then right-click on Command Prompt and click on Run as administrator. Then type each of the command lines below, one line at a time, and press the Enter key each time:

netsh winsock reset
ipconfig /release
ipconfig /flushdns
netsh int ip reset netshlog.txt

Then restart the computer and check.

Viet - MS Office Tech :

If needed, please check at the left, right, and front sides of your laptop to see if there is a wireless button/switch to turn on/off the wireless; also check at the top of the keyboard if needed. If it does not work, or if there is no wireless switch, please press at the same time the two keys Fn and the wireless icon key (which is located at one of the function keys from F1 to F12) to turn on/off the wireless, then connect to your wireless.

Viet - MS Office Tech :

Please scroll up/down this web page in order to see all my replies. Thank you,

Customer:

Thank you so much! All is working fine now.....except I cannot get up the Yahoo Tool Bar. The3 Google Tool Bar I got up again but not Yahoo....Any suggestions?

Viet - MS Office Tech :

Great. You're welcome. Please download and install Yahoo toolbar at http://toolbar.yahoo.com/
; if that does not work, in Internet Explorer (the big 'e' program icon), press & release the key Alt on your keyboard, then click on View menu on the top, then select Toolbars, then make sure yahoo is selected. Please confirm. Thank you,

Customer:

In the interim, I figured out to go into Control panel and uninstall Yahoo Toolbar and then reinstall from internet! Yipee, I figured it out without creating 10000000 addiiotnal problems!!

Customer:

Thank you for all your help!

Experience: Ten years of computer hardware and software support; Windows 8 7 Vista XP; Microsoft Office, etc.
Great. You're welcome. If you need anything else, please let us know any time. Thank you,

http://www.justanswer.com/computer/expert-itstuff/