NewITZone
NewITZone, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  I have been using Office Pro for 10 years and implemented applications for business use.
53509759

I have a Runtime Error message :- telling me that the application

Customer Question

I have a Runtime Error message :- telling me that the application has requested the Runtime to terminate in an unusual way.

I have reset computer to earlier date, run virus checkers, PCleaner etc and have been unable to fix problem - it seems I can't get anything to print because of it.

Any suggestions?

jack Higgins
Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  ITGuyDave replied 1 year ago.
Hello! What version of both Windows and Office are you using?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Windows 7 Home premium, Office 2007

Expert:  ITGuyDave replied 1 year ago.
I'm going to opt out so that another expert may help you.
Expert:  technicalcat replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for using this service.

Please tell me where/when and with what program this runtime error occurs. Also, can you please tell me the exact error message including any error numbers or codes?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for help -

Exact message:

Visual C - Runtime Library

Runtime Error

This application has requested the Runtime to terminate in an unusual way.

Please contact the application support team for more information.

No error message number

Message appears as soon at end of start up

Have run virus check., error end, PCleaner

Have gone into msconfig, disabled services - restarted but no change

Regards

Jack Higgins

Running Windows 7 Home premium

So, you are getting the error only at system startup? If so, are you able to continue to use the computer and close out the error message?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

yes - I can still work on computer and close out message but cannot print anything.

jack

Jack,

You mentioned going into msconfig, and "disabling services".

Please go back into msconfig, and click to the services button to "enable all". Now, click over to to the startup tab, and DISABLE all of those items. Finally , apply and restart the computer.

If this gets rid of the error message, then please go back into msconfig, and just enable any components in the startup tab that are related to your antivirus/security (if installed and known).
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Still not resolved same situation as before - message comes up at end of start sequence. In devices/printers printer has yellow exclam'n mark against it - running trouble shoot doesn't fix problem.

Should I just restore msconfig as before?

Jack

Jack,

If you unplug the printer, the ! mark should go away. If it does, then reboot and try again.

If this doesn't work, load up msconfig again, and click to the services tab. Check the box to HIDE all microsoft services. Then, uncheck all the non-ms services. Hit apply, and reboot.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

This is unreal !! mark didn't disapppear when I unplugged printer, went into msconfig did as you set out rebooted message still came up.

Jack

Jack,

If the mark is there, then the device is still attached to the system. Double click on it, and tell me the error on the device, and the exact device name.

Please rate my time and help , and not necessarily the situation or problem, as I have no control over that. I continue to help all the same after positive rating, and a positive rating helps me, so please rate positively!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

The device is not attached to system by any means, mark is still showing, just showing "printer error" Ran troubleshoot - comes back with message that some changes have been made and a printing job has an error that has been fixed. Checked but print error still showing on list of printing jobs - printer still not attached.

jack

Jack,

I will opt this question out to the other experts for another opinion. Please don't respond until another expert steps in , as that will only delay reply. Thank You.
Expert:  Charles A. Roberts replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is XXXXX XXXXX the only time you get this message is when you are trying to print. I hope I have that right. Would you mind me starting a remote session so I can have a look at this for you?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Charles - I get the "Runtime" message each time I open the computer, but the only effect it has as far as I can tell is that I cannot print any jobs - just have a list of jobs waiting to be printed with an error message beside the first one in the list - if I cancel that printing job the error message just moves to the next job.

Have also tried connecting another printer without success just get a message regarding Installshield 1607 - say "Unable to install installshield scripting runtime"

Yes thats ok re remote just let me know what to do

Regards

Jack

Ok tell me this are you using the original software that came with the printer when you install this on windows 7?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Yes would be original software but probably with driver updates etc if any were available.

Ok now just to verify this happens only when trying to print?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

The "Runtime" message comes up everytime I open the computer just at the end of the startup sequence. I can still use the computer as normal except when I want to print a job - apart from the job appearing in the printing waiting list - nothing happens cannot print anything.

jack

Well let's have a look: click on this link to begin session so I can see this for myself ok: http://67.192.95.188:8040/?Session=d74b665a-1306-4fd6-998f-b1e18225f94f&SUPPORT=JAVAW

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Clicked on link is all ok there?

Ok when you clicked on the link did you click on I agree and follow what it says.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

yes

Ok what is the status does it say connecting?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Yes just a gizmo turning around and around - should I refresh/cancel and retry?

Go ahead and refresh please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Has session ended for some reason ? do you want me to hit the link again?

Jack

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I'm getting a "no active session" message

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Would appreciate if we could con tinue problem solving - somehow remote session was discontinued.

Jack Higgins

Expert:  NewITZone replied 1 year ago.
Hi, Welcome to JustAnswer. This is Mahbub Shahin can assist you.
Please let me know when you will be ready?

I would suggest you to download Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 SP1 Redistributable from http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=5555

After installing it reboot your pc. If the problem exist please install Microsoft .NET Framework 4 from http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=17851

Now restart your pc and try to print.
If the problem exist please let me know.

Please, only rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied. IF you feel to rate me as "Poor Service" or "Bad Service", please reply me via REPLY TO EXPERT button with the issue you have rather then rate me as "Poor Service" or "Bad Service",

I will not paid unless I get a rating of 3 to 5 Stars/Smiley Faces. If you think I have helped you with your problem, please give me a proper rating so that I can get paid for helping you.Bonus will be appreciable. Thank you
NewITZone, Computer Enthusiast
Experience: I have been using Office Pro for 10 years and implemented applications for business use.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for help - have tried those links /downloads still no success in getting rid of the error message or being unable to print any jobs - any more suggestions?

Jack

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Have gone into msconfig again - found message on startup disappears if I use diagnostic startup -what do I do now?

Expert:  NewITZone replied 1 year ago.

1. Turn On PC as normal.

2. Run task manager.

3. When it appears, Open Task Manager (here you can see the task running the Error Prompt)

4. Right Click on the task and Choose > Go To Process (will take you to processes Tab)

5. See the highlighted Process, Right Click and Choose Open File Location

6. Windows Explorer will appear and you can see the Application Folder (name of application)

Please tell me the application name.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

O.K. file is "Speedy PC_update3" dated 7/10/11.

Also this morning I was able to get rid of the error message if I deselected "Windows Event Log" in the services - msconfig.

Jack

Expert:  NewITZone replied 1 year ago.
Please uninstall the software and reboot now try to print.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for advice did delete the file but problem still present and another update file showed up in task manager so will continue on deleting until these problems disappear. Have also noticed that since June my automatic updates with windows have all failed so this is probably something to do with that also. Thanks again for you great info I will rate you high.

regards

Jack

Expert:  NewITZone replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your reply. I think this could be a new question. To resolve Automatic update please try this:

Go into Control Panel >> click on Windows Update item

Click on Change settings (at top left)

under Important updates, click on the down-arrow pull-down

Click on Never check for updates

press OK

Close the Control Panel window

Then Logoff and restart Windows fresh.

When ready, go back into Control Panel >> click on Windows Update item

Click on Change settings (at top left)

Now make the selection that you need for automatic updates

press OK when done

Close the Control Panel window.