Chris L., Support Specialist
Experience:  Certified Expert with over 10 years experience.
51029781

I see my table on my screen, but it doesnt show up in print

I see my table on my screen, but it doesn't show up in print preview and doesn't print! Not even if saved as a pdf!

Please help!
Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  Chris L. replied 1 year ago.
Hello and thank you for using Just Answer. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be happy to assist you.

I am sorry to hear you are having trouble.

Are you saying the entire table is missing from the print out OR is the table data there and the table border is missing?

Please let me know.

Thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi Chris,

All the data on the table is missing. The only thing that prints out or is visible in print preview is the footer.

Charlie

Expert:  Chris L. replied 1 year ago.
Ok and on the print is there a space where the table should be or is it just as if no table was ever there?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

It looks like the table should be there, but its not. The footer is in the correct position.

The table does not show up in print preview either. This is very strange!

Expert:  Chris L. replied 1 year ago.
A few more questions, which version of excel are you using?

Did you create the table in excel or copy/paste from another program?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I created it in excel. In fact, I created it from an existing table that was just fine.

Expert:  Chris L. replied 1 year ago.
Ok so then you copy/pasted it into a new sheet?

For a test can you start a new sheet and copy/paste the Unprintable table and see if it prints?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I just tried that and it seems to have worked!!!

Why did that work? I "saved as" from my other table.

Thank you so much, but I don't know why it would print. Have you seen this before?

Expert:  Chris L. replied 1 year ago.
You are welcome, I think on the sheet it may have been hidden from the print out. You can hide it by right clicking on it.

I am wondering if maybe something on that sheet was set to hiddent. Certain elements in excel can be set not to print, I didn't see your exact table so I am not positive, but I am guessing is was somehow sent to hidden from print.

If you need further help let me know!
Thanks,
Chris
Chris L., Support Specialist
Experience: Certified Expert with over 10 years experience.