Freddy M.
Freddy M., Computer Support
Experience:  Years of experience.
15852642

I am unable to paste from word into a publisher doc. It puts

Customer Question

I am unable to paste from word into a publisher doc. It puts a text box in instead. What am I doing wrong? (work daily with publisher for 7 yrs)
Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name isXXXXX look forward to assisting you today with your question and providing the best answer possible. First, we will need to troubleshoot your issue as there is most likely not a quick fix. Please do not to rate until our conversation is finished, you can reply to me any time even after rating by clicking on reply to expert. Have you tried using the cut and paste hot keys instead of right clicking?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I have tried the hot keys, using the clip board, cleaning the clip board, normal cut and paste. Also after I rebooted my computer the first time it said that publisher had not closed properly. I chose to start in normal mode not safe mode. Does that make a difference?

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
That should only affect system files and not these programs. What version of windows are you using? Did you recently update either program?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

using 2010 on windows 7 for 2 years, i tried to put quickbooks on my computer about 2 days ago and it would not go on the QB version was to old for windows 7

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
Is that when this problem started?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

it is the first time since I did the QB that I started a new doc in publisher

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
Ok was this also happening before you tried to install quickbooks? This will let me know if it was a possible system change from the quickbooks installation that is causing the problem.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

it was not happening prior to the QB thing

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
Ok then it indeed sounds like quickbooks changed something that may be causing this. Let's try doing a system restore. This will restart your computer, but you can get back to me by going to justanswer.com and clicking on my questions at the top of the page.

Note: This only affects system files, it will not change or delete any of your personal files.

Click on start and then on all programs. Click on accessories and then on system tools. Click on system restore and then choose a date at least one day before trying to install quickbooks. You may have to click a small check box on the bottom that says show more restore points if the only points shown are less than two days ago. Then let the computer make the changes and let me know the results. If this did not work please come back and let me know by clicking on reply to expert so we can continue, If it does work please don't forget to leave a positive rating it is greatly appreciated.
Freddy M., Computer Support
Experience: Years of experience.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

No doing the restore system did not work. I just tried opening a new doc in pub and tried to copy and paste from word didn't work. I can however copy a portion of the pub doc into a new pub doc.

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
Ok that sounds like it may be a problem with that particular word document. Can you try creating a new one and see if it does the same thing?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Already tried that doesn't work. But I just tried again and it seems to be working. I will work for a while on my doc and see if it does it again. Thank you

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
The change from the system restore would not have affected the other file as it leaves personal files intact and unchanged including the bugs. So it sounds like it worked. Let me know if for some reason the new document starts doing it again.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

thank you, I will

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
Your welcome