Richard, Software Specialist
Experience:  Over 15 year experience resolving Microsoft Office Issues
32989067

HAPPY NEW YEAR...More Issues...My POP 3 Mail is now getting

HAPPY NEW YEAR...More Issues...My POP 3 Mail is now getting corrupted after 2 days of performing the sfc /scannow and the repair on Office 2010...now when I attempt the sfc /scannow it says another program is repairing and to wait...this occurs directly after a reboot so confused...your thoughts?
Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
run chkdsk /f first

this should unlock it

Let me know please
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
and a HAPPY NEW YEAR!!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Errors Out...the drive, the path, or the file name is XXXXX XXXXX
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thanks Steve

Can you press the windows Key and R

Type in MSCONFIG and press enter

Go to the Startup Tab and disable all.

click ok, restart the computer

Than try to run sfc /scannow please

Let me know the results

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The Start Up says go to the Task Window...The Task Window does not have a Disable all selection...went back to the misconfig and selected do not use start items...now in a continuous reboot stage with no solid activity drive light...should I just use the Power Off Switch to turn it off?
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
yes.. but this indicates an underlying problem..

Turn if off, via power switch, than on, and check if the startup items are still disabled please

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes they all came back...now I have no wifi connectivity and error message says The Dianostics Policy Service is not running?
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok,
Go back to MSCONFIG

Are all the Services running as well?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes...they all appear to be running
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, restart the computer again, does it connect to wifi?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no it did not
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, than there is a serious issue on this computer due to this problem, SFC and CHKDSK not running

First, press windows Key + R and type in SYSTEM RESTORE and press enter

Perform a restore from the last restore point

Let me know if it does not connect to wifi after doing this please

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I got some real issues...system restore will not start up due to a previous program callled Shadow Portect which is no longer installed on this PC...produces an error window when I go there something about the System Protect and check the log files
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
yes, lots.

Can we reinstall this computer? It is going to be the long term solution for you.

You will lose all data so you need to backup first.

If you do not know how to reinstall, please tell me the make and model of the computer

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes,,,I was sensing this was coming...possible to do from the Windows 8 CD ROM
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
yes correct

You put in the disk, and it should than start the process

Let me know if you have difficulties please

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have the pc in safe mode...what can I try here
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
how do you mean Steve? Is this during the re-installation?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Not yet...there is a way to disable all the start apps in WIN 8 called safe mode which I am in now
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Steve,

We did this via MSCONFIG

Safe Mode is windows without any start apps so you have this done already. This will not resolve the problem, else I would have done this.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Ok...will resinstall windows...unfortuantely my WIN 8 Key is buried in my Outlook pst file and now Outlook will not open up

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, press Windows KEY + R and type in

outlook.exe /safe

It should open then

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

MS is saying now that Office is not authorized...so I am running the Repair Again...not sure if this will work

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, let me know how it goes.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

The Repair did not work...will need to move that pst file over to my desktop...working on saving everything I can to my external hard drive...will keep you in the loop

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thanks Steve

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Need to export my bookmarks in IE and Firefox...is there a way to do this without Internet Connectivity?

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
here are the instructions for IE

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/211089

And for firefox

http://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/export-firefox-bookmarks-to-backup-or-transfer

No internet is needed to do the export

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thank You...

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Anytime Steve

We ARE going to get there in the end :-)
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Ok...got the WIN 8 Pro loaded back up after finally giving up on MS to give me a Key Code and loading up my pst on my desktop...Question...How do I get my pc to be trusted...I see the flag from MS but it makes no sense to me when I click on the link...Please Advise

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
How do you mean Trusted?

What is the exact message it gives?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

"Trust this PC"...not really an error but a Windows Flag in the action center...when I log into my desktop which is a Trusted PC I can see my laptop listed but regardless of what I do on my laptop the flag never goes away

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, I would ignore that, I have never bothered with it and no problems.

Unless it is causing you problems?

Richard, Software Specialist
Experience: Over 15 year experience resolving Microsoft Office Issues
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

No... I am good with this... Will accept your answer

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thanks Steve,

Till the next time I have the opportunity to assist you

All the best in 2013 Mate

Richie
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks...Same to you