NewITZone
NewITZone, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  I have been using Office Pro for 10 years and implemented applications for business use.
53509759

my tiles in windows 8 are not opening

Customer Question

my tiles in windows 8 are not opening
Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  NewITZone replied 4 years ago.

Customer:

Hi, Welcome to JustAnswer. This is Mahbub Shahin can assist you.
Please let me know when you will be ready?

Customer:

To fixed it you have to delete the OLE key in registry, as outlined below.

Customer:
1.Click Windows key + R, type regedit, press enter and confirm the UAC dialog.

2. Open HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE (by clicking on the little arrow to its left)
3. Now open SOFTWARE--> Microsoft--> click on a key named Ole and delete it

4. Restart your system.

5. Open regedit again by following the first method, navigate back and check if a blank key named Ole has been recreated.

6. If so, restart your PC once again. If the key is missing, create a blank Ole key (right click in the Microsoft node -> New -> Key) and perform a restart.

7. After the restart, the problem should be resolved.
Customer:

Please, only rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied. IF you feel to rate me as "Poor Service" or "Bad Service", please reply me via REPLY TO EXPERT button with the issue you have rather then rate me as "Poor Service" or "Bad Service",

I will not paid unless I get a rating of 3 to 5 Stars/Smiley Faces. If you think I have helped you with your problem, please give me a proper rating so that I can get paid for helping you.Bonus will be appreciable. Thank you

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Hi Mahbub Shahin,

thanks for your reply, I have come to step of deleting LOE key, but my pc comes up with error message, saying can not delete ole key :-/

Regards

Britta

Expert:  NewITZone replied 4 years ago.
Thank you for your reply. Are you using administrator account? If not log on to administrator account. Or tell me the exact error while you are trying to delete it.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

it says "error deleting key: can not delete OLE: error while deleting key

Expert:  NewITZone replied 4 years ago.
Please log on as administrator.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I am the only user on this pc, login is under my name, can not find any login for administer. only local user, or I can log in under my Microsoft account.

Expert:  NewITZone replied 4 years ago.
Ok. Are you using avast anti virus?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

no, I'm using McAfee

Expert:  NewITZone replied 4 years ago.
Make your screen resolution more than 1024×768? This is important.
If the problem exist, make sure your User Account Control settings are right. If you've set UAC totally off, you won't be able to open any apps, anyway.

Click on Control Panel
Scroll down and click on “More Settings
Click on “User Accounts and Family Safety”
Click on User Accounts
Then click on “Turn On or Off User Account Control”
Make sure the you have set the settings to “Default”

One more thing If you are using any anti virus which is not latest version. Uninstall it and download the latest version of it. Hope it will resolve your problem.
If the problem exist or any more question please let me know.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Hi Mahbub Shahin,

I'm sorry to say but none of your answers have solved my problem, therefor I find it hard to rate your service. I paid $49 for nothing. not happy

Expert:  NewITZone replied 4 years ago.

Thank you for the reply. Please do not rate me. If you are not satisfied your amount will be refundable. We can try again. Please let me know when you can?