NewITZone, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  I have been using Office Pro for 10 years and implemented applications for business use.

re: MS Word 2007 The spellcheck dictionary for Word seems

Customer Question

re: MS Word 2007 The spellcheck dictionary for Word seems to have disappeared, the program no longer picks up errors nor does it automatically do corrections although the settings look fine. Using F7 or using the menu indicates that the check has been done but deliberate errors are not identified. Can you help? [email protected]
Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  Viet -MS Office Tech replied 3 years ago.
Hi, I will assist with this issue,

Do you have windows xp, vista, or 7?

Please try this first: click Start->All programs->Accessories->System Tools->System Restore and restore the computer to any date before this issue has occurred, and check.

If that does not work, can you go to Start, control panel, programs, programs and features (or add/remove programs), and repair microsoft office, then check?

Please let me know. Thank you
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I use windows xp.

I do not know when problem started, it was a while ago , system restore not an option for that reason.

I went to add/remove programs but did not find an option "repair microsoft office.

In add/remove programs, select microsoft office, then click on Change...., thanks.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The repair process is completed, I have to restart my system. I have to do that before I can test the efficacy of the procedure.]

How can I make contact with you after the restart and testing?

Please let me know, I will wait until I hear from you before beginning the restart. Thanks....

You can check your email message from Justanswer later in order to get back to me via this web page, thanks
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I restarted my system and after testing the spelling error corrections find that the word 2007 is still not making corrections or alerting in case of a spelling mistake,

Sorry, can you uninstall microsoft office, then restart the computer and reinstall it? Thanks
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I can do that but not at this time, I have to go to work in the morning and need to get enough rest to get through the day.

I appreciate your assistance but cannot go further with the problem tonight.

Thanks for your help.

You're welcome. NO problem, please get back to me tomorrow. Good night, Thank you