Eric M
Eric M, Computer Scientist
Experience:  10+ years of experience in building, repairing, and debugging computers.
29802289

Hi Guys, looking to turn a html document that has data all

Hi Guys, looking to turn a html document that has data all over it into a table for use in excel and ultimately to be imported into filemaker. The data is static with consistent headings like 'item' 'qty' 'Job ID' etc. etc. but is displayed visually and not tabulated. I need it to go from visual to table with a button click. Preferably sheet 1 is the cut and paste and sheet 2 is the squirted out table. Have the file shared and ready. Thank you as always Michael

https://www.dropbox.com/s/12nitwc6182t3c9/SIMON%20%3A%20Skybridge%20Information%20Management%20Online%20Network.html

Jobd ID, Ref, Customer Name, Item, Qty, Rate, Total
Hi!

If I'm understanding what you need correctly, here is the file: (link)

Is that what you were looking for?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Exactly! :)

Great! Did you need me to do anything else?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Thank you. May I get the file so I can have a go?

I have some more documents that need similar converting from html to xls. Do you want me to open another question or continue on here?

One thing I was thinking is can your ingenious data sorting machine do multiple html files at once? ie. multiple types of the same types of data sets like you've seen and/or completely different sets?

Perhaps we should look at them all separated and see if it can be combined in some ingenious way?

Thank you again

I'm sorry, I'm not sure I understand which file you mean. Do you mean the Excel file posted earlier? If so, here is the link again: (link)

I don't actually have a program that did this for me, though -- I just did it by hand. It's possible that I could write a program that would do this automatically, though, but I'd need to see several of the files it needs to process to make sure it's general enough.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Ok got it. Yeh would need to be a macro or macro like. So I can push go every two weeks or so. The initial file is the one and only so far as we are doing new work for that company. From what I have seen it is all the same layout as you have seen.

Alright, I may be able to do that -- that's a significantly more involved task and a few hours of work, though, so if you wouldn't mind creating a new question, I'll take a look. Thanks!