Richard, Software Specialist
Experience:  Over 15 year experience resolving Microsoft Office Issues
32989067

my computer request a product key 25 codes i found it on a

my computer request a product key 25 codes i found it on a tag on computer i put it in ,they say it is in valoid.the computer is 2007 microsoft why is this.

nyprogrammer :

Hello. My name isXXXXX it asks for the product key, are you trying to install a software package such as Microsoft Office 2007?

Customer:

no just trying to bring up a program that only opens in microsoft it further stated that i can only used it 22 times.the program is some thing that is sent to my email.

nyprogrammer :

Thank you for you patience, I will open the question to other professionals who may be better able to assist you.

Hi there and welcome,

Can i confirm please, is this Microsoft office 2007 or Vista or Windows 7?

Once you let me know i would be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

window vista home premium windows 7

Sorry but I need to get the information correct.

Is it Vista or is it Windows 7?

Thank you
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

i think its windos7.

Thank you

If Windows 7 is not accepting the Product Key, than it may have been made invalid on the Microsoft Server.

What you will need to do is activated your version of Windows via the phone.

To do this, please do the following

Open the Start Menu (click the Windows Logo button, and type slui.exe 4 and press Enter.

Click on the drop down menu and select the nearest location to you for a toll free number to call, then click on the Next button.

A local phone number should apear under the Step 1 section with a set of installation ID numbers generated by Windows and displayed on your screen.

Call the activation phone number

At first, the activation line will be automated, so you will be asked to enter or speak the installation ID numbers displayed on your screen into the phone.

Tip
If you want to speak to an activation operator and bypass the automated service, then do nothing instead until you are transferred automatically to an available operator.

If the automated activation service informs you that it was unsuccessful and cannot help you with activation, then STAY ON THE LINE and your call will be transferred to an activation operator who will assist you in activating your copy of Windows 7. If you get hanged up on while waiting, then phone back, but this time DO NOT respond when the ansafone requests which service you require (twice). This puts you in the queue to speak to an opertor, and doesn't seem to time out so quickly. The operator will give you a confirmation ID number if they agree your copy of Windows 7 is legitimate.

NOTE: Just explain to the operator your situation and what you did to require activation. (EX: hardware upgrade, installed Windows 7 on a new computer after uninstalling it from the old one, etc...)

Type in the confirmation ID number given to you to be able to activate Windows 7, and click on Next.

NOTE: You will get these numbers from the phone automated system or operator after they have confirmed the numbers you gave them.

When you get the Activation was successful window, click on Close to finish.

Windows is than registered and you will not need to worry about the product key

If you have any difficulties, please do not hesitate to let me know

Thank you
Richard, Software Specialist
Experience: Over 15 year experience resolving Microsoft Office Issues
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Richie exatly what is the windows logo button i am having a little problem finding it. is there anything i have to do when i click onto the start button.

This is the button that is in the very left bottom corner.

When you click this that is when you type in slui.exe and press enter

Please let me know if you still have problems.

Thank you
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Richie i go to the start button which looks like a windows button i ckick onto it it brings up a menue there is no other windows button that comes up do you have a diagram of this.

The windows button is the start button.

When you click on it you will see the search box. This is where you type in slui.exe and press enter