NewITZone
NewITZone, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  I have been using Office Pro for 10 years and implemented applications for business use.

Why are end rows and columns in XL are not being printed o

Why are end rows and columns in XL are not being printed out?
Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  NewITZone replied 1 year ago.

NewITZone :

Hi, Welcome to JustAnswer. This is Mahbub Shahin can assist you.

Please let me know when you will be ready?

Customer:

I am ready

NewITZone :

Ok.

NewITZone :

Please run one of your excel file.

Customer:

I have one running at present

NewITZone :

Preview your worksheet before you print. You can see exactly how your worksheet will look on the printed page by using the Print Preview feature.

Customer:

This I have done several times

NewITZone :

Is it showing perfectly?

Customer:

It shows everything except the end row and column

NewITZone :

Ok.

NewITZone :

Please re-size the margin from print preview.

NewITZone :

You can even make certain changes within the Print Preview, like clicking on and dragging the print margins to make them wider or narrower.

NewITZone :

Make it wider then your end rows.

Customer:

I am not certain what is meant I can see Custom margins under print settings

NewITZone :

At first select show margin-->now bring your mouse into the margin line. It will let you change the margin.

Customer:

I am on the preview page do I need to be in the unpreview mode?

NewITZone :

No.

NewITZone :

Please let me know your office version?

Customer:

Then I seem to be missing something. Office 2010 Home and Student version

NewITZone :

Ok.

NewITZone :

Please see the image.

NewITZone :

Full Size Image

Customer:

I can change between the previewed pages but I do not appear to be able to do anything else

NewITZone :

Did you followed the image?

Customer:

I understood that last message and can now change the margins. I should tell you that the end row and column appear on pages where there is plenty of room for them.

Customer:

i.e. I do not need to change the margins to get them on thje page.

NewITZone :

Please try to change the margin for check and print..

Customer:

ok.

Customer:

Changing the margins has had a an effecton the page layout but does not help with the problem of not printing the end row and column.

NewITZone :

Ok.

NewITZone :

All of your excel files are showing the same problem?

Customer:

I do not know this problem has arisen whe modifying an existing file. I should tell you that this is the first time that I have tried using XL in MS 2010.

NewITZone :

Ok.

NewITZone :

Can you send me the file?

Customer:

Yes I could but would rather not as the file contains the addresses of family members and friends which I would prefer not to disclose.

NewITZone :

Ok. Please do not send it.

NewITZone :

Because it is your personal file.

NewITZone :

What is your print page size?

Customer:

I do have other XL files but at this time I have not accesseds them using MS Office 2010. Also at this time I ahave no need to modify any of my other XL files. All I had tried to do was add another column to the existing file this is the column that would not print out the row that would not print out was a row that was already part of the file contents.My print page size is standard A4.

NewITZone :

Ok.

NewITZone :

From page layout click on print area-->clear print area.

NewITZone :

Now click on print preview-->look at the left bottom of the page it will show you preview: page 1 of 1.

NewITZone :

Please let me know is it showing page 1 of 2 ?

Customer:

It is showing 1 of 4,370

NewITZone :

That means the last row and column goes to another page.

NewITZone :

Probably in second page.

Customer:

I would have normally expected 8 pages if the file been printed correctly and in fact I get the 8 pages but printed without the bottom row and end column. The file contains 128 rows and columns A to Q

NewITZone :

Ok.

NewITZone :

Please click on page setup-->sheet.

Customer:

I have clicked page set up as part of the page layout on the bar with "File" marked.

NewITZone :

Please click on sheet menu from page setup window.

Customer:

Have it.

NewITZone :

Ok.

NewITZone :

please let me know the column/row name on print area.

NewITZone :

Or type there A1:Q128

Customer:

The print area box was blank. Have now typed in your recomendation i.e. A1:Q128

NewITZone :

ok.

NewITZone :

Click on margin menu.

NewITZone :

Center on the page: check horizontal.

NewITZone :

Make bottom and footer both 0.5

Customer:

Done

NewITZone :

Now click on page menu--> select scaling fit to 1 leave the another field blank.

NewITZone :

Select Paper size as A4

NewITZone :

Press ok to save the changes.

Customer:

Done

NewITZone :

Now Go to sheet from page setup to ensure that the changes were saved.

NewITZone :

If yes please try to print.

Customer:

Printing in progress

NewITZone :

Ok.

NewITZone :

If the problem exist please let me know.

NewITZone :

Please, only rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied. IF you feel to rate me as "Poor Service" or "Bad Service", please reply me via REPLY TO EXPERT button with the issue you have rather then rate me as "Poor Service" or "Bad Service",

I will not paid unless I get a rating of 3 to 5 Stars/Smiley Faces. If you think I have helped you with your problem, please give me a proper rating so that I can get paid for helping you.Bonus will be appreciable. Thank you

Customer:

My speeling leaves a lot to be desired.

NewITZone, Computer Enthusiast
Experience: I have been using Office Pro for 10 years and implemented applications for business use.