DJ_T_Dogg
DJ_T_Dogg, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  7+ years of experience in Office 97-2010 Certified! I can assist you today on Excel, Word and Office Issues!
16569391

locked RA- cs-jml

Customer Question

Gateway computer with Windows 8 preinstalled. I loaded Microsoft Office Trial onto the computer one afternoon. Worked fine. Then turned off for the night; when I rebooted I get 0xc000021a error code. I do not have a last recovery saved. Can you assist or do I need a Windows 8
Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  DJ_T_Dogg replied 4 years ago.

Please tell me more about your issue.

Thanks

Travis B.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Travis,

All I can tell you is when the Windows 8 system starts to load I first fet PC Repair Automatic Repair couldn't repair your PC Two options shut down or Advanced Options I go to advanced options

Expert:  DJ_T_Dogg replied 4 years ago.
Oh Ouch! this isn't good!!

that is a sign of the Hard Drive being corrupted or damaged.(could be caused by an incomplete update or corrupted update).

Please put try recovering the registry, by putting the windows disc in and select the repair option, it asks for the admin password. If you are unable to do so, then that means you don't have a backup partition on the computer.

If you still cannot get into your computer, I would advise to reinstall Windows, you do get the option during the install to save your current files, sometimes it doesn't work 100% though. So if you have files on your computer that are not not easy to get back(irreplaceable), I would advise to take the hard drive out, take it to a Data Recovery Center(most local computer shops can also, get your data off the hard drive) Then get a new hard drive and install windows.

If you have a warranty or the unit is less then a year old it's best to contact the manfacturer for a replacement/repair as they offer 75% off services.

Sorry to come bearing bad news, please don't shoot the messenger.

Glad I could be of assistance and God bless; Happy Holidays!

Travis B.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I was looking for a solution to my problem. All I got was recommendations to carry to other repair service centers.

Expert:  DJ_T_Dogg replied 4 years ago.
Please provide me with positive rating, as I am just the messenger, basically your hard drive is corrupted/damaged and first requires replacement and then reinstallation of window's neither I can preform over the computer.

God Bless and Happy Holidays.

Travis B.