The-PC-Guy
The-PC-Guy, Computer Manager
Experience:  20 years experience providing remote computer support
62934938

I need a gross profit calculator with that populate the following vari

I need a gross profit calculator with that populate the following variables:
Example Inputs Outputs
Pay Rate=$31.00hr. GP hourly=
Bill Rate=$50.00 GP%=
Burden%=20% Markup%=

Can you help?
Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  R. Michael replied 1 year ago.
Hello I am R.Michael, I would be happy to help provide a calculator, are you looking for formulas in excel or VBA. Also could you provide a little more information about the inputs and outputs. What are the other numbers for each calculation, or are these inputs in the example part of one total figure you are looking for? In the mean time, I will put a spreadsheet together and let me know if I am on the right track. Will post link to spreadsheet shortly.
Expert:  R. Michael replied 1 year ago.
The link to a Spreadsheet is below. Let me know if I am in the ball park of what you are looking to accomplish. Criticism is welcome so I can better assist. The more detail and information about the type of business, the better I can assist.

Link: http://puu.sh/1y4sn
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi R.Michael thanks for the speedy response. Please note that I can not open the document in the above link, could you attach to an e-mail and send? My e-mail address is XXXXX@XXXXXX.XXX.

To answer your question above, the calculator I am requesting is for a staffing organization and will be used for candidate pricing, salary negotiation and profit/loss evaluation. The idea for the calculator is to allow for speedy calculation of data points involving pay, burden, GP, and markup. For example, if I wanted to provide pricing for a Programmer for one of my clients, I would input a pay rate, bill rate, and fixed burden of lets say 20%, I would need for the calculator to tell me my expected GP earnings per hour (40 hour work week), my GP% and the markup for the deal. In addition to that, it would be nice to see what the overtime figures would look like as well, considering the standard time and a half model (1.5hr). So adding in an overtime input of 1.5, I would expect you to create the following calculator imbedded in an excel spread:

Inputs (Example)

Pay Rate: $31.00 Hr.

Overtime: 1.5

Bill Rate: $50.00

Burden: 20% (Fringe Benefits)

Outputs

GP Hourly:

GP Hourly with Overtime:

GP%:

Markup%:

Thank you and I look forward to your reply!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Relist: Incomplete answer.

I am requesting a calculator for my staffing organization that will be used for candidate pricing, salary negotiation and profit/loss evaluation. The idea for the calculator is to allow for speedy calculation of data points involving pay, burden, GP, and markup. For example, if I wanted to provide pricing to my client for a Programmer, I would input a pay rate, bill rate, and a fixed burden of 20%, I need a calculator that would produce my expected GP earnings per hour (40 hour work week), my GP% and the markup%. In addition to that, it would be nice to see what the overtime figures would look like, considering a standard time and a half model (1.5hr). So adding in an overtime input of 1.5, I would expect you to create the following calculator imbedded in an excel spread:

Inputs (Example)

Pay Rate: $31.00 Hr.

Overtime: 1.5

Bill Rate: $50.00

Burden: 20% (Fringe Benefits)

Outputs

GP Hourly:

GP Hourly with Overtime:

GP%:

Markup%:

Expert:  The-PC-Guy replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for using JustAnswer. My name isXXXXX will do whatever I can to answer your question

Here you go, assuming I understood you correctly this should do what you want.

http://wikisend.com/download/543144/ja-calc.xlsx

The only thing to rembmer is that when you enter a number into column D. That it converts to percentage automatically, so enter it as a decimal for example

if you want 20% enter it as 0.2
if you want 25% enter as 0.25

etc..

if you entered 25, it would actually be 2500% and would really throw off your numbers.

if anything is off let me know, maybe I missunderstood what you wanted for one of the values.

LaughingLaughingLaughingPlease DON'T FORGET TO RATE ME SO I GET PAID, REMEMBER YOU ARE RATING ME NOT THIS SITE, OR ANY OTHER EXPERT YOU MIGHT HAVE DEALT WITH.LaughingLaughingLaughing

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

IN THE FUTURE PLEASE DIRECT ALL OF YOUR COMPUTER QUESTION DIRECTLY TO ME FOR THE BEST POSSIBLE SOLUTION IN A TIMELY MANNER.

if you have any questions in the future you can visit my profile

http://www.justanswer.com/computer/expert-1expert-2rulethemall/

and ask a question right in my box,

also you can put "PC Guy only" in your question title if you want to get to me
The-PC-Guy, Computer Manager
Experience: 20 years experience providing remote computer support
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

PC Guy only

I received your response with regard to the GP Calculator, thanks. Could you please take a look at your Markup outputs on the spreadsheet. My math place the markup's much higher than your figures. Also, could you please replace the GP/Hour + overtime column with Bill Rate w/OT. For example if the Bill Rate is $100hr, please auto populate the BR w/OT column for $150hr. Last, I need for the % marked off by 2 decimal spaces, for example please populate 23.94% instead of 24%. Thanks

Expert:  The-PC-Guy replied 1 year ago.
ok, those changes can be made, Just one question,

how exactly should markup % and GP % be calculated. It sounds to me like they are the same thing. Isn't markup % the percentage difference between the billing rate and the pay rate. And isn't gross profit also the difference between income and cost, or in this case billing rate and pay rate. I also included the burden percent in the calculations.

I assume for example if the burden rate is 20% and the pay rate is lets say $20 per hour, then does that not mean that it is actually $24/hour pay rate which is the $20 pay rate + 20% of $20 which is $4. so if the bill rate was $40 the profit would be $16, $40 bill amt - $24 pay rate. So the profit % would be $16/$40.

Am I missing something.

Please Advise
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

PC Guy only

Hi, please take a look at the example calculator on the attached link to make better sense of what I am looking for, just "plug and play" to create the data points. The only difference is that I will need to calculate overtime. Thank you

http://www.feetrader.com/site/resources

Expert:  The-PC-Guy replied 1 year ago.
here you go, I think I got all of the changes you wanted. I copied the formula down several rows, they will remain zero and will populate as you add values for the empty columns, IF you need more rows, you can just simply copy and paste each row down as many rows as you want.

http://wikisend.com/download/293924/ja-calc.xlsx

and ask a question right in my box,

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Relist: Answer quality.

Inputs (Example)

Pay Rate: $31.00 Hr.

Overtime: 1.5

Bill Rate: $50.00

Burden: 20% (Fringe Benefits)

Outputs

GP Hourly:

GP Hourly with Overtime:

GP%:

Markup%:

Overtime Bill Rate:

Expert:  The-PC-Guy replied 1 year ago.
excuse me, why did you relist?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Perfect!!Wink

Expert:  The-PC-Guy replied 1 year ago.
No problem, Have a great holiday season. And ask for me again in the future if you need more computer help