Sergio A.
Sergio A., Computer Technologist
Experience:  I have 15+ years experience installing, configuring, troubleshooting and using MS Office products.
45006406

Why am unable to save my Word documents? I have a legitimate

Why am unable to save my Word documents? I have a legitimate Microsoft Office Home and Student 2007 and recently it has been giving me this problem on both my PCs.

Sergio A. :

Hi Dorothy, my name isXXXXX for allowing me to help you. Can you tell me what happens when you try to save a document? Do you get any error messages? Thanks

Customer:

Hi Sergio, Thank you for helping me promptly. I am leaving the country shortly and would like to solve this problem before I do - I have documents that I need to create and print before I leave. When I save the document nothing happens. When I close the document it asks if I would like to save it but when I click on save nothing happens here as well. There is no trace of the document in Microsoft Word. I thought it was the display but I have gone through everything including the resolution. What is interesting when I open Word the monitor turns black and then everything is very large. On the other computer in our office one has to repeatedly go to the display and readjust the resolution size. I have tried whatever I know and it stays the same.

Sergio A. :

Very strange problem. When did this start happening?

Customer:

On the other computer it has been months but my husband resorts to my computer when he needed to use Word. Mine began with this problem about three weeks ago. It was working great before. Is it perhaps the Bluebeam or Grammarly programs that are added-in? I am working on my phd and require these programs - I think they automatically added to Word.

Sergio A. :

Hmm, are those addons installed on both computers?

Customer:

The other computer has Bluebeam but not Grammarly. Mine has both and I have been using them for years on and off.

Sergio A. :

are they both office home and student 07?

Customer:

Yes

Sergio A. :

OK, let's first try doing a repair of office. If this does not work then I would try uninstalling bluebeam, but only on the computer that does not have grammarly. Test after the repair, then again after removing bluebeam

Sergio A. :

1. Click Start > Control Panel > Programs and Features.

2. Click the Office program you want to repair, and then click Change.

3. Click Repair > Continue. You might need to restart your computer after the repair is complete.

1. Click the Office program you want to repair, and then click Change.

1. Click Repair > Continue. You might need to restart your computer after the repair is complete.

Sergio A. :

I will be signing off for the evening. Would it be OK if I left you with these troubleshooting steps and you let me know how if works out? If it still is not fixed then can we resume troubleshooting in the morning?

Customer:

I actually did that on my computer today from the disk but I will do what you say. I am chatting on the workstation and not on the problematic computer. Microsoft Office is not on this computer. I will have to sign off and try your suggestion on the other computer. Oh, sure I just read your reply. Have a good evening and thank you.

Sergio A. :

you have a great evening too. Thank you