Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Software Specialist for more than 10 years
49766785

I "have successfully registered for Office 365 Home Premium

I "have successfully registered for Office 365 Home Premium Preview". But, I could not install the program (questions in message: Is internet connection working? (yes); Is there enough space on your main hard drive (yes)).
I already have deleted and reloaded the program several times. What can I do?

Thanks for your answer! Jacob
Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am glad to assist you today.

Is the problem happening in a Windows 7 computer or Windows 8 computer?

Please let me know so that I can help you further.

Best regards,
Jess
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you.

It's the Windows 8 computer.

But, even under Windows 8, Office 2013 Preview has been working before!

It's only after I reinstalled Windows 8, and reinstalled other programs too, that I can't install Office 2013.

Best regards,

Jacob

Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
Hi Jacob,

Thank you for writing back.

What exactly is the error message that you are getting when you try to install Office 2013 Preview?

Also, have you checked in your Control Panel => Programs and Features if Office 2013 preview was installed but corrupted?

Let me know.
Jess
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi Jess,

The exact error message: "Couldn't install. We're sorry, but we had a problem installing your Office program(s). Is your internet connection working? Do you have enough free space on your main hard drive? Please try installing again after you've checked the above."

I also have checked the Control Panel. In Programs & Features Office 2013 Premium is not present (Office 2010 is).

As I mentioned before, Windows 8 and Office 2013 Premium both have been working on this computer before I reinstalled my main programs.

Best regards,

Jacob

Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
Hi Jacob,

Thank you for that information.

First, the normal installation of MS Office 2013 Preview could have been interrupted at any time during the install because of several reasons. First, the installer needs internet connection to download the required installation files during installation. Any interruption in the internet conneciton during the install, like when your internet line is busy, or when the server where you are downloading is busy.

Thus, the very first solution that I suggest for you is to download the FULL and offline installer of MS Office 2013 Preview. That is, you will download the entire installer first. Then install the program after the download. This will prevent any download operations during the installation to avoid the problem that you are having now.

Here are the download links:

Office 2013 (English, 32-bit) (624 MB)

Office 2013 (English, 64-bit) (702 MB)

Now, the links above are direct links for EXE files. If the links are changed to "dangerous url removed", then here are the shortened versions of the links:

Office 2013 (English, 32-bit) (624 MB)
Office 2013 (English, 64-bit) (702 MB)

Please remember to rate my service once you have all the information you need. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. Thank you!

Best regards,
Jess
Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience: Computer Software Specialist for more than 10 years