NewITZone, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  I have been using Office Pro for 10 years and implemented applications for business use.

Customer Question

migrating from Outlook 2010 to 2013. Specilfically, mail files and contacts?
Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  Erik B. replied 3 years ago.
Hi and thanks for choosing Just Answer. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be happy to assist you.

Can you tell me exactly what is happening? If you are upgrading from 2010 to 2013 on the same computer then all of your contact and mail files should automatically be upgraded and carried over as well. Have you performed the upgrade yet?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I installed Office 2013 on the same machine with 2010. How do I "tell" 2013 to import all mail accounts, contacts, and calendar?

I created new duplicate email accounts, but they have no folders. Nor do I see a way to import contacts?

Expert:  Erik B. replied 3 years ago.

Hi Ben - That is strange all of that should have been automatically imported into Outlook 2013. No matter, we can certainly do it manually. You will need to know the location of your old PST file (the file that stores all the old email and contacts). If you are not sure where it is please search your hard drive for files ending in .pst. Once you have the file name and location, do this:

1. Open

2. Click
    on File -> Open & Export.

3. Highlight
    from another file or program
    click Next.

4. Highlight
    Folder File (.PST)
    and click

5. Click
    the Browse button and browse to the old email file. This will most likely be in the first
    window that opens and it will be called Outlook. If not please refer to the file you found during your search.

6. Click

7. Highlight
    the top folder in the list in the Select folder to import from window and make sure the Include subfolders checkbox is checked.

8. Click
    items into the same folder in
    and then click Finish.

9. The
    import process will take place and you should then be able to see your old
    email and contacts in your new Outlook.

Let me know if you get stuck along the way.