NewITZone
NewITZone, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  I have been using Office Pro for 10 years and implemented applications for business use.
53509759

I need to reload my "Office Home and Student 2010" It will

I need to reload my "Office Home and Student 2010" It will not permit me to proceed once I have retyped in my pin on my card.

NewITZone :

Hi, Welcome to JustAnswer. This is Mahbub Shahin can assist you.

Please let me know when you will be ready?

Customer:

Now

NewITZone :

Ok.

NewITZone :

Please let me know when you try to activate is it showing product key already used?

Customer:

Yes

NewITZone :

Did you activated it earlier ?

Customer:

I activated the key and loaded Office home when I purchased the computer a few days ago. I had to go to sony this morning when my computer "froze"...they fixed the problem and retained all my documents etc, but when I tried to open them about an hour ago I could not open them. That was when I tried to reactivate with the information on the back of the card

NewITZone :

Oh..

NewITZone :

Would you please tell me the exact error ?

Customer:

When I enter the pin number it says that the key has already been used...yes by me when I purchased it a few days ago. Sony must have removed it when they "unfroze" my computer this morning.

NewITZone :

Ok.

NewITZone :

Please hold on.

NewITZone :

One more question from where you purchased the office 2010?

Customer:

from PC World (unit D2, Pipps hill Retail Park, Basildon, SS14 3AF) on 29th Nov 2010

NewITZone :

Do you have the CD?

Customer:

no disc...I was given a "credit card" OfficeHome and Student on one side and the instructions for activating the software on the other...It was completed successfully by entering the Pin on the card. I followed the instructions again but was not able to reactivate as explained

NewITZone :

Ok.

NewITZone :

There is an alternative way to activate it.

NewITZone :

You can activate it over phone.

Customer:

Just tell me what to do...please

NewITZone :

• Activate by using the telephone You can telephone an Activation Center and activate your product with the help of a customer service representative.

Important Activation Center numbers are not listed in this article, because there are many numbers, and the correct number for you is based on several factors. Microsoft software can be obtained under various licenses, including individual retail licenses, original equipment manufacturer (OEM) licenses, and volume licenses. Telephone numbers vary by product license and country/region. In step 2 of the Activation Wizard, use the telephone number provided to call the Microsoft Activation Center.

Telephone activation might take longer than activation through the Internet. You should be at your computer when you call, and you should have your software Product Key available.

1. In the Activation Wizard, select the country/region where you reside and where you plan to use the product.

The wizard provides one or more telephone numbers.

1. Call the Activation Center.

The customer service representative asks you for your installation ID (displayed on your screen) and other relevant information. After your installation ID is verified, you receive a confirmation ID.

1. In the Activation Wizard, type the confirmation ID in the spaces provided at the bottom of the screen, and then press ENTER.

Notes

• Telephone activation is not available for Trial and Subscription versions.

• Microsoft Text Telephone (TT/TTY) services are available for individuals who are deaf or hard of hearing. In the United States, using a TT/TTY modem, dial(NNN) NNN-NNNN From outside the United States, using a TT/TTY modem, dial(NNN) NNN-NNNN TT/TTY service is only available in English.

source : microsoft.com

NewITZone :

If you stuck please let me know.

NewITZone :

Please, only rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied. IF you feel to rate me as "Poor Service" or "Bad Service", please reply me via REPLY TO EXPERT button with the issue you have rather then rate me as "Poor Service" or "Bad Service",

I will not paid unless I get a rating of 3 to 5 Stars/Smiley Faces. If you think I have helped you with your problem, please give me a proper rating so that I can get paid for helping you.Bonus will be appreciable. Thank you

Customer:

I have very basic computer skills and the procedure you are asking me to undertake is probably beyond my capabilities. For example how and where do I access "Activation wizard" ? to find the number to call the Microsoft activation centre ?

NewITZone :

Ok.

NewITZone :

Try to download office 2010 using your product key.

Customer:

iT WOULD NOT ACCEPT THE PIN NUMBER

NewITZone :

Oh..

NewITZone :

Please make sure you are typing the exact number.

NewITZone :

The product key must have 25 characters.

NewITZone :

Careful about Zero. Do not type it as o

Customer:

I shall try again ..

Customer:

iT STILL WILL NOT LET ME DOWN LOAD THE 25 DIGIT NUMBER

NewITZone :

Please let me know how many characters in your PIN?

NewITZone :

27 or 25 ?

Customer:

25 PLUS 01 ON THE END...THERE WAS NO SPACE FOR THE 01

NewITZone :

that means 27.

NewITZone :

ok.

Customer:

yes but only space for 25

NewITZone :

A PIN can only be used once to obtain a Product Key. If the PIN has already been used, you can log into your account with your Windows Live ID (if you established it when the PIN was first entered) to access your Product Key.

NewITZone :

From this site you can find out your product key by using PIN

Customer:

I am really not sure if Windows live ID if it was established ...I did not set up the computer myself

NewITZone :

Please go to the site and try to obtain product key.

Customer:

What site ?

NewITZone :

Please go to https://office.getmicrosoftkey.com/ and sign in using the 'Sign In' link in the top right corner of the page. This will retrieve your Office Product Key if you established your account with your Windows Live ID. If you did not setup a Windows Live ID account initially there is no record of your Product Key on-line. Check your e-mail since this is the only record of your Product Key. If not then just type your pin number there and follow the procedure.

NewITZone :

If you are not able to find out the key.

NewITZone :

You can recover it from your computer.

NewITZone :

To reveal all product keys ever used on the computer that were installed and activated, use this free program, click here:
http://www.magicaljellybean.com/keyfinder/
Please note if you re-installed windows it will not be able to work. Do not purchase the software. Please download and setup the free version.

NewITZone :

This are the process to recover your product key.

NewITZone :

Remember after complete the installation process run the software it will show you the office product key.

NewITZone :

Any more question please let me know.

NewITZone :

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I eventually managed to solve my problem by telephoning my friend in Germany (who, incidently set up my computer when I purchased it on the 29th of November) He is also a computer expert who lives and works in Germany. He took over my computer and solved the problem by remote control. Because I am not very computer literate it is very difficult for me to understand what I am being asked to do...especially by email. You certainly did your very best as far as I am concerned...but the problem lies with my obvious lack of computer literacy. I know you did your very best so I have given a no. 5 "smiley face"

Thank you for the rating. If you need any help in future you can contact directly via this link
http://www.justanswer.com/profile.aspx?PF=53509759&FID=7067 Hope you will choose justanswer again.