Viet -MS Office Tech
Viet -MS Office Tech, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Ten years of computer hardware and software support; Windows 10 8 7 Vista XP & Mac; Microsoft Office, etc.
30037186

Dear Sir, I have purchased a new Laptop (Sony) for my wife

Dear Sir,

I have purchased a new Laptop (Sony) for my wife for Christmas, it has Windows 8 and though I am a user of Microsoft Office Pro 2007 My wife would only require to use Word and perhaps a publisher. Is Word compatable with Windows 8 and if so which version of Word should I purchase for her, also she will want to be able to store and possibly manipulate "Photographs" can you reccomend a compatible program for her Windows 8.

Thank you,
R. Ieuan Thomas.
Hi, I will assist with this issue.

Both Office versions 2007 and 2010 are compatible with windows 8. You want to buy the 2010 version as it's newer (the old version is not sold any more from Microsoft.) Buy the 2010 Professional version as it includes Publisher program, if you want.

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/try/

For photo editing program, you can use the free, good IrfanView software; it is compatible with windows 8:
http://download.cnet.com/IrfanView/

If you have any further question, please let me know. Thank you
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Thanks for that I will take your advice and purchase Word 2010 for my wife and when I upgrade my own PC I'll also upgrade my Office Pro to the latest 2010

You're welcome. Thank you