Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Software Specialist for more than 10 years

small text boxes and lines etc. were placed placed into a larger

small text boxes and lines etc. were placed placed into a larger text box 4x 6. When copying the finished product or trying to copy it or move it,everyting seperates and won't stay put in the larger text box. Do you have a fix?
Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX X am glad to assist you today.

What software are you using, is it MS Word 2007 or 2010?

Please let me know so that I can help you further.

Best regards,
Jess
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

MS Word 2010 (windows 7)

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I am using Word 2010 and Windows 7

Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
Nina,

Thank you for writing back with that information.

What you described in your problem is basically a default behavior of MS Word. However, there is a way to correct the problem or behavior. Please do the following:
  1. Open the document where the text boxes are shown
  2. Before you COPY the textboxes where smaller textboxes are inserted, you need to GROUP them. Grouping them will make the items ONE object so they will stay in place when copied and pasted
  3. To group them, it will be a bit tricky with the use of the mouse. It is because you need to SELECT each part or item at once. That is, you need to select each line, boxes and other shapes you inserted. To select them, click on one object, then press the SHIFT key and click on the other objects. A selected object will show the borders with squares and dots
  4. Here is my screen shot:

5. Now, with all objects clicked or selected, right click on ANY of the objects, then point to Grouping then click Group
  6. Here is my screen shot:

7. When the grouping is done, you can copy and paste the textboxes anywhere and they shall be intact
  8. If you want to ungroup them in the future, right click on it, click Grouping then Ungroup.

If you are having problem to select ALL of the parts of the textboxes that you are working with, please upload your document to http://wikisend.com

There is no need to register there. Just upload and you will get a 6-digit File ID. Please post the File ID when you reply so that I can download the document and do the grouping for you.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions. Thank you for your business!

Best regards,
Jess

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Jess, thank you again. could we just pay each time a question comes up?

Sorry, but we just can't do the monthly plan. Nina and Ned

Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
Hi Nina,

Thank you for writing back. Yes, you always have that option. But I cannot handle matters on accounting or subscription so I suggest that you contact out customer service. Here is the link below:

Contact Us

I hope you were able to group the objects in your Word document for easy copying and pasting.

If you need help in the future, please let me know. You can post a question like "For jessmagz:" so that I can respond to you immediately.

Please remember to rate my service once you have all the
information you need. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. Thank you!

Best regards,
Jess
Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience: Computer Software Specialist for more than 10 years