John D
John D, Bachelor's Degree
Experience:  Bachelor of Science - Engineering Consultant

I need help with pivot tables in excel. I have two worksheets

I need help with pivot tables in excel. I have two worksheets that I would like to combine into one pivot table. The column headers in both sheets are the same and I would like to retain the column headers, but its not working. Help!

Can you upload the file so I can take a look
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Don't see a link to upload file

You can go to and upload the file using the Browse button (no need to signup) then copy the "File ID" number (or the download link) that you will be given and paste it here in your reply.

If the file has sensitive information let me know before you upload it

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

File ID = 890738 Scorecard Data Pull 11.30.12.xlsx

I am trying to create a pivot table from the tabs "AP-Deo & BS Data Pull" and "Remaining Old Spice Body Sprays". The column headers on both tabs are exactly the same and I want to have all those headers available in my pivot table. Thanks!

Ok will review and get back to you if I need any clarification
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

File cannot be opened. Also it's a rather huge, Can you send me a more workable version with only the issue in question, and make sure you try to download it yourself to make it sure it works

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Tried to upload a truncated version of my data, but the file sharing website is error-ing out. Is there a different method that is preferred to send the file?

Ok try this site!/
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Ok here is a screenshot of the pivot table for the combined data. Please check and let me if is ok so I can send you the file

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

This looks right, but will you be sending me the step by step instructions on how to recreate?

Great! . Yes I can prepare the instructions now. In the meantime you can go ahead and rate if that is the correct solution Thanks

Ok here you go

- First select all the data in sheet 2 starting from row 2 (i.e.A2:P24)
- Apply Copy
- Got the sheet 1 and select first empty cell (i.e.cell A33)
- Apply "Paste Special" > Values
- While on sheet 1 click the Insert tab, then click the Pivot Table button
- Make sure the Table Source field has this range "Sheet1!$A$1:$P$55"
- Rename sheet1 to 'Combined'
- Rename the new pivot table sheet to 'Pivot Table'

Now you can select the desired fields that you need to include in the Pivot Table

Hope this is ok. Let me know if you have any questions

Thank you for remembering to rate the solution "Excellent" or "Good" if I was able to answer your question so I get credit for my work. Bonus to make up for the balance as suggested in the price report is appreciated