NewITZone
NewITZone, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  I have been using Office Pro for 10 years and implemented applications for business use.
53509759

I have created a MS Word document using the "transform" feature

I have created a MS Word document using the "transform" feature to elongate words. When I print the document the words are no longer transformed. I have tried saving as pdf and several other forms with the same result. Print preview shows the document as it should be.
Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  NewITZone replied 2 years ago.

NewITZone :

Hi, Welcome to JustAnswer. This is Mahbub Shahin can assist you.

NewITZone :

Please let me know when you will be ready for chat?

Customer:

Hi - I'm ready.

NewITZone :

Ok.

Customer:

Do you need me to restate my problem?

NewITZone :

Would you please send me the file?

NewITZone :

Please let me check the file.

Customer:

I have no idea if what was sent to you looks right or not. The incorrect look has LightGabler in regular size letters toward the top of each oval. The CORRECT one has LightGabler elongated and filling a large portion of the oval.

NewITZone :

Please hold on

NewITZone :

I am sending you an image.

Customer:

I don't yet see it - Will it be obvious when you send it?

NewITZone :

Full Size Image

Customer:

No - this looks completely wrong. "Dark chocolate" was altered using "transform" so that is curves along the bottom of the oval. "LightGable" was elongated using "transform". Neither of these features are showing up on your example. The problem I've been having regards XXXXX XXXXX The Dark Chocolate has been printed fine for me.

NewITZone :

Ok.

NewITZone :

Please hold on.

NewITZone :

Did you already applied those features?

Customer:

Yes - when I go to print this document. Print preview shows it looking fine.I use "transform" all the time to curve words etc... I "insert" a shape (rectangle), then put a word in it (e.g., Dark Chocolate), the press the Drawing tab and go to transform to shape it how I want.

NewITZone :

Ok.

Customer:

Again...the transformed "dark chocolate" is printing okay. Its the transformed LightGable that is not. I promised this product to a client today and I'm getting pannicked.

NewITZone :

Please hold on.

NewITZone :

Would you please tell me which transformed feature you used as LightGable ?

Customer:

LightGable uses the transform called "square". Its the first one listed under WARP. FYI: Dark Chocolate used "arch down" under FOLLOW PATH.

NewITZone :

Please tell me your office version.

Customer:

I right-clicked on office and it says copyright 2008-2010. Does this answer your question? If not, how do I find out what version it is?

NewITZone :

I think you are using office 2007

Customer:

Do I need to verify this?

NewITZone :

No

NewITZone :

Please hold on.

NewITZone :

Full Size Image

NewITZone :

Please check it.

NewITZone :

I change milk chocolate to arch down.

NewITZone :

And LightGable to square under text warp option.

Customer:

I see the dark chocolate is changed. The LightGable seems good until I click onto it - then it appears NOT transformed. This is similar to my problem .... print preview show everything great then the printed version shows dark chocolate good and LightGable wrong.

NewITZone :

In your computer is it showing perfectly on print preview.

NewITZone :

If yes. I can told you another way to print. you can print it as image file also.

NewITZone :

Or please tell me about the last image which I send you. the last time.

Customer:

Yes - it shows perfectly as print preview. How do I print this as "image file". I'm not sure what you mean by "tell me about the last image".

NewITZone :

I mean the image which I send you. The dark chocolate word was changed as Milk chocolate.

NewITZone :

To print as image you have to capture a screenshot.

Customer:

Oh sorry - I've been saying "Dark" when I meant to say "Milk". Regardless, this looks fine on the image you sent back. The arched down chocolate wording is not the problem for me. Its ONLY the LightGable.

Customer:

Can you tell me how to "capture a screenshot"?

NewITZone :

Yes

NewITZone :

It is too much easy.

NewITZone :

Please visit this site http://take-a-screenshot.org/

NewITZone :

From here you will find out how to capture screenshot.

NewITZone :

One more thing would you please tell me, which style you want to change in LightGable ?

NewITZone :

Remember b efore capture the screenshot make the print preview as 200%. Now paste it into paint and crop one image.

NewITZone :

After that insert that image into a word file and then copy and paste it .

NewITZone :

If you stuck or any more question please let me know.

NewITZone :

Please, only rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied. IF you feel to rate me as "Poor Service" or "Bad Service", please reply me via REPLY TO EXPERT button with the issue you have rather then rate me as "Poor Service" or "Bad Service",

I will not paid unless I get a rating of 3 to 5 Stars/Smiley Faces. If you think I have helped you with your problem, please give me a proper rating so that I can get paid for helping you.Bonus will be appreciable. Thank you

Customer:

I'm having problems. I'll try the 200% etc. Please hold on with me.

Customer:

Please wait while I try this. It's a lot of information. Thank you so much.

NewITZone :

Ok. No problem please take your time.

Customer:

It worked . . . Thanks so much!!

NewITZone :

You are most welcome.

NewITZone :

NewITZone, Computer Enthusiast
Experience: I have been using Office Pro for 10 years and implemented applications for business use.