"thank you list" report stops at 7/30/2012 but table goes to 12/2/2012
Using Access 2007
query using two tables-donations and current roster 2010
On July 30, donations table was exported and imported back in to correct upper/lower case and then autonumber was gone
can I upload to skydrive
http://wikisend.com/download/732790/ACTIVE 2004 - TEST DB.mdb
they should have dates up to 12/2/2012
groups are correct
as noted in my initial question:
Thank you list REPORT stops at 7/30.
It should end with the same dates as the DONATION TABLE or DONATIONS TO TREASURER REPORT.
Thank you QUERY does not list addresses after 7/30.
i dont see any change after doing that
send me the report you have
You dont see the change because you have it filtering for one specific date. i took that off too. It is uploading i will post it in a minute
http://wikisend.com/download/318196/ACTIVE 2004 - TEST DB.mdb
names and dates show after 7/30
but addresses do not
names are XXXXX XXXXX they are created from a lookup from the current roster table,
The problem is that it was matching against a query rather than the file. Honestly i dont see any reason it should not work that way as all the query did was rename the fields but it did screw up the merge. Probably has to do with how large the query result field was compared to the original data file field. Or maybe there is a filter in it somewhere that i didnt notice. In any event i see absolutely no reason to have the query at all. just link to the original database.
http://wikisend.com/download/157228/ACTIVE 2004 - TEST DB.mdb
If it is missing fields you have to rename them to use the original data base fields rather than the query fields but in my quick eyeballing it looked ok. the other thing you might do is to not switch the field names in the query but i see no reason to have the query there at all. none of the other reports used it.
I've already tried it with the table and not the query.
if you can't help then say that
in any the other reports, if I add a date filter, it messes up the names
The problem is with your Data
You have multiple records for the same first and last name and some of them have no address in them
I know about the multiples, those parents have had multiple children die. The bogus zip code takes care of that. In another version of the table, those have been removed and it makes no difference. The table has been used that way for 10 years. When someone else tried to export data and import back in, things went bad.
The lookup columns don't work. Table preferences are goofy. I don't know how to get it back.
Main activity is monthly support group.
Parents, grandparents and adult siblings attend for child who died.
Some have more than one child who died.
So multiple addresses linked to multiple children.
Membership records kept after families are inactive, for purposes of people served over the years. People also return or update address later.
Cause of death
sent to families until they have not been active for 2 years.
Active = attendance or donation or permission to print child information.
List of births/deaths by month.
Cards sent for deaths by month.
Permission is tracked to use child's name in newsletter.
1-3 events a year. Permission given for children entered in slide show.
Photos of children kept on file.
Memorial bricks sold. Some bricks ordered by families who have never attended the group. Some families have multiple bricks for a child.
Donations received, no connection to a child.
I have made some changes if you want to see the updated file.
file as it is now
I’m a moderator for this topic. It seems the Professional has left this conversation. This happens occasionally, and it's usually because the Professional thinks that someone else might be a better match for your question. I've been working hard to find a new Professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right Professional can take a little longer than expected.
I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.
sorry I think i missed a few messages yesterday
this was my original problem and it has not been solved because no addresses show on the thank you report, whether it comes from a table or query.
I appreciate that you have provided much explanation, all of which I already knew, and still no direction of how to re-write the link to get the data needed.
this is a non-profit that I am volunteering for, so there is not $1000-$2000 in the picture. I went back through your notes, have made changes as suggested but the duplicate records have nothing to do with the problem.
the lookup fields are gone after the export/import. Can they be regained?
are you suggesting that I re-enter all the data or export/import into a new table.
the addresses dont show because it is linking to a record with no address. delete those addresses and the address will show. In fact it IS showing the address but the address on that record is blank. Again that is not a programming issue its a matter of getting rid of the bad records or putting addresses into them.
do a query that creates a new table after filtering out those records with no address
then match against that table
it used to work
something to do with the first/last name lookup field became a text field when it was exported/imported
when the thank you report shows the entries up to 12/2/2012, same as table, with addresses, I will rate to finish.
some records (corporate donations) will not have a child match and will not be on the list for the time being. We write those thank yous separately, but they are in the table to track donation amounts.