Richard, Software Specialist
Experience:  Over 15 year experience resolving Microsoft Office Issues
32989067

I am trying to open a fie database from my desktop to finish

I am trying to open a fie database from my desktop to finish for school, and it's saying that the file is the wrong format, i habe tried everythig still no solution...HELP
Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.

RichieMe :

Hi there and welcome

RichieMe :

Is this an MS Access file? and do you have MS Access installed on your computer?

Customer:

MS? sorry don't know what that is, I have office pro 2010

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thanks Adam,

MS means Microsoft. Do you know which program was used to make the database file? as it appears you dont have the program needed to read this file on your computer
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes I am useing Microsoft office pro 2010 the file was made from my teacher she sends them to students every other microsoft computer applicion works fine with her other files, just not access

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thanks Adam,
I also see you rated be as bad service, can you please consider changing this? as we were not yet finished.

It appears that the file may be corrupted (this can happen with MS Access files)

Can you please upload it to www.wikisend.com and send me the download link, I can than check if the file is indeed corrupted or if there is another problem causing this.

Thank you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

How do i upload it

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes i will consider this, howeer send me the steps to do this for you

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
please go to the website www.wikisend.com and click on browse.

Choose the database file, click upload.

Once completed, it will provide you a download link which I need from you please.
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thanks Adam,

I have repaired the file and uploaded it here.

http://wikisend.com/download/355526/a01m1propertyNEW.accdb

Please download it, then open MS Access. Then open the file from within MS Access (rather than double clicking on the file)

Let me know please Adam if you still have the same problem.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

DO I just copy paste this into my web browser? or how do i get that file to open?

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
sorry Adam, yes you copy it to your web browser, then you see the option to download it
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

OH MY GOD!!! IT WORKED, NOW i have four more files that wouldn't open, HOW DO I GOT ABOUT OPENING THOSE TOO? I will need those next week for class also...Last help and ill give you a great review

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
upload them Adam and ill fix for you (please remember the download link for me)
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

so go back to wikisend, and i can do them all at once? or i need to do them individually? THANK YOU FOR STAYING WITH ME ON MY TOPIC... Second one

http://wikisend.com/download/249698/a02m1property.accdb

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
individual please Adam

Here is the second one

http://wikisend.com/download/321346/a02m1propertyNEW.accdb

and your welcome!
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I have one more to get fixed....two more questions...will I be able to save these to access and open them later or do i need to get all work done now so they will still work? Also what is the problem with the files...You realy do know your stuff last one coming in just one moment

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
yes you can save them and open later, thats no problem, they will continue to work.

The files were corrupted (issue with teachers computer)

I need to go off line in 10 min so it will be great if you can upload quickly so I can fix for you

After 15 years of working with MS Access you learn a thing or two :)
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Second file didn't open the way it shold of???....Ok giive me one second

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
ok.. can you try downloading the second one again please it may have not downloaded correctly.

If we run out of time 5min (I am back in 4 hours and can finish this off for you) just post the other links for me please
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

That was the last one the last one i sent you but its still not workiing the fist one is thogh

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
is it the wrong format error?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

it just brings up an icon picture of access in access

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
ok, and if you go to open a file within Access can you open it there?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

oh yeah!!! sorry man last time ll check then ill rate you

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
no probs!
Richard, Software Specialist
Experience: Over 15 year experience resolving Microsoft Office Issues