DJ_T_Dogg
DJ_T_Dogg, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  7+ years of experience in Office 97-2010 Certified! I can assist you today on Excel, Word and Office Issues!

ra - nl

Customer Question

how to fix error 766f6c756d652
Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  DJ_T_Dogg replied 1 year ago.

Where are you getting this error message at?

Thanks,

Travis B.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I will detail the problem as soon as possible this morning. May I write in french ? If not, it will be O.K. but it will take a bit longer. Thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

The system gives me the following starting Windows 7 professional each time I start my computer.

Checking file system on C:

The type of the file system is NTFS

One of your disks needs to be checkedfor consisteny, you may cancel the disk check, but it is strongly recommended .

Windows will now check the disk. Cannot open volume for direct access. Autochk cannot run due to an error caused by a recently installed software package.

Use the system restore feature from the control panel to restore the system to a point prior to the recent software package installation.

An unspecified error occured (766f6c756d652e63 3f1).

However, I am unable to restore the system or to check the disk using the chkdsk feature in window. Also, I received frequently a notices about disk errrors or damaged folders, but I dont know which ones.

Where is the problem ? I did not download any software package so I cannot remove it. It seems from forum on internet that it is a system fault, but I don't know exactly how to get rid of this.

Have a good day.

Expert:  DJ_T_Dogg replied 1 year ago.
Rejean,

That isn't good...that is a sign of the Hard Drive being corrupted or damaged.(could be caused by an incomplete update or corrupted update).

Please put try recovering the registry, by putting the windows disc in and select the repair option, it asks for the admin password. If you are unable to do so, then that means you don't have a backup partition on the computer.

If you still cannot get into your computer, I would advise to reinstall Windows, you do get the option during the install to save your current files, sometimes it doesn't work 100% though. So if you have files on your computer that are not not easy to get back(irreplaceable), I would advise to take the hard drive out, take it to a Data Recovery Center(most local computer shops can also, get your data off the hard drive) Then get a new hard drive and install windows.

Glad I could be of assistance and god bless! Smile

Travis B.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi!

Did you receive my last e-mail ? I worked 2 hours to give you some more informations and at time of submit it everything disappaired because AOL was disconnected Sealed There is no possibility to save a copy and there is no confirmation that the e-mail was sent.

Hard way to solve a problem !!!

Expert:  DJ_T_Dogg replied 1 year ago.
Your Original Answer:

Rejean,

Travis B.