The-PC-Guy, Computer Manager
Experience:  20 years experience providing remote computer support

How do I create a budget using microsoft excel 2010? I have

How do I create a budget using microsoft excel 2010? I have never used Excel before. I have to input this information somehow and figure out the monthly and yearly budget.

Office Supplies $200.00

Lexis Fees $157.00

Utilities $450.00

Office Rent $1500.00

Secretary $1800.00
Thanks for using JustAnswer. My name isXXXXX will do whatever I can to answer your question

are those values in monthly or yearly?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I want to say monthly but I am supposed to figure out the yearly value too. It's for a homework assignment but I have never used excel before.

ok, let me put together a sample excel file for you, I will try to explain how to do formulas in it to

You can click this link to download the file

Then open it in excel

As you can see you can change the numbers for any given month and the formulas will automatically adjust the total for that month and the total for the year.

This is a simple example of how excel works.

Going across the top row I put each month, and down each column for the month
I put in values.

This is essentially how excel works. You can manipulate data across multiple rows and columns to achieve a specific purpose

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I put in the informtion in each column like you did and the figures I provided for you but how do I figure out the monthly totals? Do I click on "Letter column" on top or to I click on each row number on the right hand side to gigure out the total?

it is automatic, all you have to do is change the numbers in the columns,

where you see the row that sais totals, i think its row 7, those are the monthly totals

if you look at row 1 you will see the month names going across
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

So really can I input any number for the months of febuary tthrough December not for the totals but for the expense?

yup, any numbers as long as you don't change anything in row 7, or in column N that is the one on the right the gives you the yearly totals.

The formulas make the totals update them selves automatically regardless of what numbers you enter