John D
John D, Bachelor's Degree
Experience:  Bachelor of Science - Engineering Consultant
53785

I NEED TO INCREASE THE ROWS ON A WORK SHEET. I GET MESSAGE

Customer Question

I NEED TO INCREASE THE ROWS ON A WORK SHEET. I GET MESSAGE THAT OBJECTS CANNOT BE SHIFTED OFF THE SHEET.
Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  John D replied 1 year ago.

There is more than one reason for this error. I need to see the file so I can determine the problem and fix it for you.

Could you go to http://www.wikisend.com/ and upload the file using the Browse button (no need to signup) then copy the "File ID" number (or the download link) that you will be given and paste it here in your reply.

If the file has sensitive information let me know before you upload it

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Just sent the file to you. I ned to be able to insert additional rows in the worksheet so I can do a sort on all the data as required.

Bill Landers.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Did you receive the file?

Do you need any additional information?

Bill Landers

Expert:  John D replied 1 year ago.
No Bill you need to give me the File ID or download link so I can get the file (as explained in bold font)

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

What is the link or where do I find the file ID?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

John,

I am going to bed now. I will conntact you later today (Sunday).

Did you receive the file I sent you?

Thank you for your assistance.

Expert:  John D replied 1 year ago.

Bill here is the step by step instructions for uploading files

http://sites.google.com/site/zworkbook/upldws

Expert:  John D replied 1 year ago.
I still did not receive the file link. Were able to upload?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I uploaded the file three times. What link are you referring to?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Send me your email address so I can send the worksheet directly to you. There seems to be a problem with the link. I am becoming frustrated with this matter.

Expert:  John D replied 1 year ago.

hmm.

Did you read my initial instructions in bold font.?

Did you check the DETAILED STEP BY STEP instructions that I gave you, particularly this step.

graphic

I have really gone out of my way for almost a day now and several messages/instructions trying to help you free with a side issue that is not related to the main question. Not sure what else I can do. Very frustrating indeed

This site does not allow exchanging email addresses

Thank you in the meantime

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I followed your instructions. I will try again. This will make the fifth time I have tried to send you the file.

Expert:  John D replied 1 year ago.

Why did you give me a negative rating? Was any of that my fault?

Please remove the negative rating as it will sit in my record for good

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

When you solve my problem, I will give you a positive rating.

Send me the link again. I tried to copy and paste the link, but it did not work.

I copied and pasted the link and uploaded the file. Did you receive it?

Expert:  flopcat98 replied 1 year ago.
How are you trying to add rows ?
how large is the spreadsheet ?

Do you have it set up with print ranges ?

I suspect that you have it locked into a print range and when you add the rows it makes that print range too large to fit on the page that you already defined. try removing the page range for the section you are adding rows to.
Expert:  John D replied 1 year ago.

Ok send the file by email to info@justanswer.com and put "For John D" in the subject line

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thank you John. I will change the rating.

Expert:  John D replied 1 year ago.

Thanks.

I will let you know as soon as JustAnswer forwards the file to me (could take some time depending on the availability of the site moderator and how busy they are)

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thank you.

Expert:  John D replied 1 year ago.
Nothing received yet!

Bill in the meantime I want you to try this

Open that Excel file and click the Office button on top and then click the Excel Options button (if you are running Excel 2010 click the File tab, then choose Options)

Next click the Advanced tab on the left pane. Scroll down to "Display options for this workbook" settings. Under "For objects, show" select "All" instead of Nothing (hide objects). Then click Ok

Hope this fixes it for you. If so thank you for rate the answer Excellent
John D, Bachelor's Degree
Experience: Bachelor of Science - Engineering Consultant
Expert:  John D replied 1 year ago.
So did that work?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I stil cannot insert rows. HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Expert:  John D replied 1 year ago.
What happened after you followed that procedure? What error message ate you getting now?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Same message. Cannot move objects off worksheet.

Expert:  John D replied 1 year ago.
Ok I received your file. Will check it and get back to you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thank you.

Expert:  John D replied 1 year ago.

Ok I got it fixed. Here you go

http://www.ge.tt/#!/6a6OpmS/v/0

Hope this helps. Let me know if you have any questions