JazzyJ72
JazzyJ72, IT Business Owner
Experience:  Microsoft Partner, supported MS Office 2000,XP,BPOS
55485381

EXCEL DOES NOT OPEN FILE NORMALY IT SHOWS ON ALL CELLS ooo

EXCEL DOES NOT OPEN FILE NORMALY IT SHOWS ON ALL CELLS oooooooooooo

JasonSegale :

/hello there

JasonSegale :

can i help you get this working correctly again

JasonSegale :

I am a microsoft certified technician as well as a Microsoft Partner

JasonSegale :

and have solid experience for using Microsoft Office products

JasonSegale :

it sounds to me like an caching issue or an issue with your font selection

JasonSegale :

Are you online currently?

JasonSegale :

if you would care to proceed please just reply back to my responses and I will receive a notice and return to this thread to assist you until its functionality is restored

JasonSegale :

Im out here in southern california and its currently 1:00AM

Customer:

i am here waiting thanks

JasonSegale :

ok

JasonSegale :

im here as well

JasonSegale :

i have a way that is off this format to remote in and solve this problem as well usong logmein rescue technician console

JasonSegale :

if your interested

JasonSegale :

no charge just easier for both of us....and is encrypted

Customer:

ok lets do it

JasonSegale :

go to www.logmein123.com

JasonSegale :

and enter this 6 digit pin code

JasonSegale :

902682

JasonSegale :

it will prompt you to run or save a small file which is safe to do...

JasonSegale :

answer the appropriate questions with a yes

JasonSegale :

I see your session

JasonSegale :

one more time

JasonSegale :

there is a pending response required

JasonSegale :

ok talk with you soon....what is your first name?

Customer:

Andreas

Customer:

any news?

JasonSegale :

I have tried on several occassions to recover the corrupted data until I simply became too tired and needed to get a little shuteye( I worked on the corruption issue until 4AM PDT)

JasonSegale :

I am continuing my efforts for this currently however and will have a more defined answer for you shortly

JasonSegale :

I do apologize for the delay

JasonSegale :

Ok I have had a little success with the file so far and have discovered a small fragment of data from a sample I am going to try and use the technique on the rest of the data file and see if I can recover it...What was the F1 segment in the file ....Header Information or ? I see a reference for F2 and F3 that appear to be still intact but are not viewable because it cannot proceed past F1

JasonSegale :

If you have a minute let me know what the F1 segment contained previously and perhaps I can speed the process along

Customer:

f1 is text called visa,if i understood well

JasonSegale :

thank you I was looking for the text value in field F1 and this may help me repair the corruption

JasonSegale :

FYI I have not been successful as of yet to recall the data within the file but also I didnt get any time to work on it today as I had a family matter to attend to today. I will have an opportunity to revisit this matter tomorrow and I have also reached out to a knowledgable friend of mine for his input and insight and expect his response tomorrow on possible ways to extract the data for you.

JasonSegale :

Ok I have discussed your file recovery dilemna with a trusted friend to see what further actions could be leveraged to retrieve the data from within your file. He and I both agree that recovery may simply not be possible for this file...its missing all the header information and the excel cell zones have been zeroed out not just covered in a different encoding...I am sorry to state that I am unable to solve this mystery at this time and welcome you to another experts second opinion...I will continue my efforts up until tommorrow after noon.

JasonSegale :

Sorry to have failed you on this problem but it appears the corruption is simply too much to overcome and bring the file back from the grave

Customer:

somebody its calling me saying that my computer has virus and he wants access to fix it.What do i do?

JazzyJ72, IT Business Owner
Experience: Microsoft Partner, supported MS Office 2000,XP,BPOS
Greetings,

Thank you for your question and your time today.

My name is Jason and I will be the expert working with you today to help resolve your problem.

That is a very well known scam. Please, do NOT let them have access to your computer. They will only scam you.

That is correct Andreas and do not trust that phone call troller as he did not come from Just Answer nor myself and I was the primary responder for assisting you and I would never ever in a million years divulge anyones private information for any reason whatsoever. I apologize for this occurence as I do not understand how this happens...I will state that even I myself have received a call stating the exact same information..."That they were from XYZ company and that I had a bug in my system and they had been contacted to repair my system"..something I would never do and I eventually strung the conversation along long enough to literally get them right to the point of login and then told them I was a Microsoft Certified Partner and that I was tracking them and was sending the files over to the authorities to which they hung up faster than a cat jumps off a hot metal rooftop in summertime. Big OL' Click!!!

Anyways thank you for the payment it was appreciated terribly sorry I could not salvage the data for you. If you need me again or have a break through on this issue please dont hesitate to call upon me again ok ....Take care Andreas

Jason Segale