rjpoirier
rjpoirier, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  A+ , MCTS, MCITP certified with 6 + years hands on experience.
6344629

Im using a macbook pro, microssoft office 2011, and when I

I'm using a macbook pro, microssoft office 2011, and when I tried to open a existing word doc a message appears: "word could not create the work file. Check the amount of disk space on your statup disk". The word crushes and I lose all changes.
I searched in some foruns but the solutions are not easy.

Thanks in advance
Ricardo Ferreira

rjpoirier :

Hello

rjpoirier :

Thank you for posting your question. My my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be assisting you with this issue.

rjpoirier :

What this message is saying is that Word doesn't have write capability to create the temporary files, which is most likely a
permissions issue. Try running Disk Utility - Repair Disk Permissions, then restart your Mac.

rjpoirier :

Please let me know how you make out.

rjpoirier :

Thanks

rjpoirier :

R.J.

Customer:

Hi RJ,

Customer:

Hi went to the disk utilitary and then I repared the permitions of the disk ("first aid" section) and then I restarted the system. But the problem maintains. Sometimes the error is the same ("word could not create the work file. Check the amount of disk space on your startup disk") but now I can open some word files. Other times the error is: "Microsoft word has encontered a problem and needs to close. We sorry for the inconvinience".

Customer:

Could you help me, please.

Customer:

I also performed a "disk verification" and the disk is OK

Customer:

Hi Again,

Customer:

I've performed again the disk verification and the permitions and repared it again. Another restart and now seems that the problem is solved. I will work a bit to confirm that.

Customer:

Yes, seems ok now. Thank you very much. The solutions given on web foruns are too complicated. This was easy.

Customer:

I suppose that it can happen again (in months or years) but I'll do the same.