NewITZone, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  I have been using Office Pro for 10 years and implemented applications for business use.

have a running timesheet program which contains a new sheet

Customer Question

have a running timesheet program which contains a new sheet titled for each day. want to use another file to print time cards which pulls work times from the timesheet file. problem is how do i call information from timesheet program for specific days when the sheets have names which vary ex- 11-1, 11-2, 11-3. Thanks for help
Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  Pete replied 3 years ago.
I am Pete, and I'll be happy to assist with your question today.

What is the name of the timesheet program you are using?
Where are you trying to call the information to?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The timesheet program is an excel worksheet named TimeRunn.xlsx. The timecard template program is another excel worksheet file called runneptc1.xlsx. The question comes from naming each daily worksheet for each day - ex 11-1, 11-2, 11-3. I am trying to input the days I would like to print on the weekly time cards. In order to do this the timecard file would have to pull a conditional date: ex =[TimeRunn]11-1!cell range. Is there a generic tag ( 1 or A ) or a conditional way I can tell the time card file to pull daily sheets which I can input the date on.

One possible but really inconvenient solution that I see is to name the daily sheets for the current week - Day 1, Day 2, Day 3 etc. ex. [TimeRunn]Day1!Cell range. This will allow the time card program a valid address but would require renaming the sheets each week with new names - A step which I would like to avoid if possible. Thanks for your help.

Expert:  Pete replied 3 years ago.
Hi Robert,

Could you attach samples of both workbooks (TimeRunn.xlsx and runneptc1.xlsx) so that I can have a better idea of what it is you require?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

There appears to be no way on this response page to attach a file, let me know how I can forward you the files, and I will. Thanks!

Expert:  Pete replied 3 years ago.
Hi Robert,

Depending what internet browser you are using, there should be a paperclip icon or an image of a tree showing on a toolbar above the box where you type your reply here. The icon is normally used to attach images, but can also be used to attach files.

If you can't see the toolbar, then you can upload your files to any free file-sharing website (e.g. and send me the links to download them.