Dustin, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Since Office 2000, Ive been using, repairing and teaching the basics of MS Office to anyone with a need to learn. Worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller .
19897260

How do I correct a problem of not being able to use websites

Customer Question

How do I correct a problem of not being able to use websites that have been working fine for me until now? And, how do I how when to download updates, or who is really sending them? My system has gone nuts this week!
Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  Dustin replied 4 years ago.
Welcome to JustAnswer.com

My name is Dustin and I am here to help.

What web browser are you having issues with, Safari, Mozilla firefox?

And when you say your system has went haywire, is anything going wrong besides websites failing to open?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I have played games on the PCH games site for weeks. Now I get an error message and it says the Mac is not compatible maps galaxy. Never had this problem before, and PCH sends me a link via email and I still can not use the site.
Expert:  Dustin replied 4 years ago.
Understood..

Lets try these two steps first as a test.

To open Disk Utility, from the Applications folder, open Utilities, and then double-click the Disk Utility icon.

In the column on the left, click your startup disk.

Click the First Aid tab, and then click Repair Disk Permissions. Disk Utility will reset any files and folders with incorrect settings.

Then next.

Go to the link below

http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/products/download.html

Click to download the Mozilla Firefox setup file.

Once downloaded, run the file to install Mozilla.

When it asks, you don't have to import anything, or make it your default browser.

Once installed, run Mozilla Firefox.

Using mozilla firefox.. try the website again.. Is it working now Martha?

A note about how we work.. It may only take one solution to solve this, it may take several. I will stick with you till this is resolved. No matter how many attempts it takes, you will only be charged once, unless you start a new question. Also, please save your feedback till the end of the process.

If my answer helped, please click one of the smiley faces to rate the solution, and then click the submit button to accept the answer..

If my answer did not work, please wait to rate the answer and also wait to submit your rating and instead send me a reply so that I can continue to assist you as needed.

Thanks! D.Sandlin