faggster
faggster, Information Systems Manager
Experience:  I am a technical leader for a large manufacturing company. MCP, CCA. CCNA , CNA.
10011040

How can I accept a meeting invitation and have my Outlook shared

How can I accept a meeting invitation and have my Outlook shared calendar show the meeting. Right now when I accept a meeting request, it only appears in my personal calendar.

Outlook 2007
Exchange Server 2003
Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  Cynt replied 4 years ago.

cvd4311 :

Have you tried this:

1. Open Outlook and find the Folder List. In Outlook 2010, Folder List is the default view. From the Folder List, right-click the folder that you want to share (for example, your mailbox, Inbox, or calendar, or a subfolder).

2. Choose Properties from the menu and click the Permissions tab. Note: If you do not see the Permissions tab, you may have Personal Folders set as your default delivery location. In order to grant permissions, set the default delivery location to your Exchange mailbox.

3. Click Add... and choose the users to whom you want to grant permissions. After each selection, click Add-> . When you have finished, click OK.

4. You can now decide which permissions to grant. If you wish to grant only the ability to view items in this folder, choose Reviewer.

5. To grant permissions, select a name from the box under "Name:" and "Permissions:", then make your selection from the drop-down menu beside "Permission Level" or "Role”. You can also create custom permissions by selecting from the options within "Permissions". After you have made all of your selections, click Apply and OK.

Please DO NOT RATE until we finished. When RATING, please RATE 4 or above.

Customer:

Apparently my question was not clear. I have a shared calendar and have several people with permissions to use/update my shared calendar. I also receive email requests from individuals outside of my network for meeting requests. When I accept those invitations, the meeting ends up on my personal calendar. So now I need to check 2 calendars for for appointments and I tend to miss some appointments. So my question is, How can I accept an email meeting request and have that meeting appear on my shared calendar?

cvd4311 :

Okay I am going to have to opt out of question. I will repost so that another expert can come online to help you out. No need to respond to my reply.

Expert:  faggster replied 4 years ago.
Hello thanks for using just answer. Sadly you cannot do what you require. The meeting organizer is requesting your attendance and therefore you reply and it puts it in the calendar attached to your mailbox. You would have to put the appointment into your shared calendar manually. Another alternative would be to share your personal calendar and use that as your shared calendar so people could see that calendar instead.
Is that a plausible solution?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
It is...However my Exchange Server is 2003 and I believe the quota is 2GB for the entire network. Is there a way, other than using Exchange Server, to share my personal calendar? I was under the impression that from Outlook 2000 forward, Exchange Server was required to allow sharing of calendars etc.
Expert:  faggster replied 4 years ago.
Yes you can share your calendar meaning you can have a shared network calendar or share your own personal calendar. However the total mailbox store size can be 18gb for 2003 not 2gb and if you install sp2 and change the registry key you can have a 75gb store. So the personal calendar sharing out would solve your issue.
faggster, Information Systems Manager
Experience: I am a technical leader for a large manufacturing company. MCP, CCA. CCNA , CNA.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Thanks - The Exchange Server is part of Small Business Server 2003 which came with the Exchange Server Module, and that is where I got the 2gb total quota limit.

However you have given me the answer that I needed.

Thanks