Ryan B.
Ryan B., Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  I have experience resolving many microsoft office problems
16548393

ra - jac

Customer Question

I am getting run time error 91 on an excel sheet in an invoice manager program. I'm not a tech, I just want it fixed.
Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  Ryan B. replied 2 years ago.

Ryan B. :

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer

Ryan B. :

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I would like to assist you.

Ryan B. :

Is this your excel sheet you created or did you receive it as an attachment and are trying to open it and someone else created it?

Customer :

It is a commercial product Invoice Sheet Manager. I have been using it for years to generate invoices for my consulting services. Tonight when I opened the program I get the error and I can't get beyond it.

Ryan B. :

alright, so it's the program you are trying to open, not a particular excel sheet

Ryan B. :

Let me check something

Customer :

I can open the program. I can see the sheet. I just can't enter data as the error code pops up whenever I try to do anything. The excel sheet is working from an access data base. (I think)

Ryan B. :

That Invoice Manager, who created the product? Is it quickbooks?

Ryan B. :

Or microsoft?

Customer :

It isn't Quickbooks. As far as I know it it Microsofts creation.

Ryan B. :

Alright thanks

Ryan B. :

what version of windows do you have?

Ryan B. :

xp, vista, windows 7?

Customer :

7

Ryan B. :

Alright please bring up the start menu, then in the search at the bottom type in programs and features then push enter

Ryan B. :

Now scroll through the list and find your invoice program and click on it then at the top click on change and then click on repair

Customer :

I don't see a repair option.

Ryan B. :

what options do you have?

Ryan B. :

Just uninstall?

Ryan B. :

modify?

Ryan B. :

Did you do any special tweaking for this program? It may just be easy enough to uninstall it then re-install it

Ryan B. :

wala, it should then work :)

Customer :

are you trying to get me into the control panel menus?

Ryan B. :

no control panel menus, just the programs and features menu, similiar to the add or remove programs menu in XP

Customer :

it says programs and files

Ryan B. :

The window should look similar to this:

Full Size Image

Customer :

I didn't do anything. I printed invoice # XXXXX Tonight I want to create # XXXXX I can't do it because something has changed. If I uninstall I lose 2012 data. That is a ton of work. Maybe I'll sit on this and give it to one of the accountants tomorrow. They know excel because they work in it all the time. I am willing to give you access to this computer, if that will help; however, it is late at night and I have to get to bed. No offense intended.

Ryan B. :

Unfortunately our Remote Service is only in beta and select techs have access to it,so I can't remote into your computer.

Could you please tell me are you trying to open the program from a invoice or from the program original icon?

Customer :

I am going into the documents files clicking on 2012 INvoices. That openes the files then I select a macro the opens invoices from there I have options. I opened the last invoice to see what the last day I billed for was and you know the rest "error 91"

Ryan B. :

Did you change anything in the code for the macro?

Ryan B. :

sounds like a macro could have caused this?

Ryan B. :

Can you open the program without clicking on the macro first

Customer :

It is midnight. I am want this fixed and I know you would like to help me. I can't spend any more time on this. I did not realize it would play out this way.

Ryan B. :

Alright no problem

Ryan B. :

I understand