Dustin, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Since Office 2000, Ive been using, repairing and teaching the basics of MS Office to anyone with a need to learn. Worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller .

Hi, I have a copy of "office home and student 2010 which has

Hi, I have a copy of "office home and student 2010 which has been in my cupboard for a while. I just tried to load it onto my new laptop but while it seems to load ok it then comes up with a fault and closes the programme - something about unable to verify the product key? What am I doing wrong?
Welcome to

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am here to help..

Question, had you ever installed this program on another computer before and used the product key?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes I have.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Dustin,

Yes I guess I have used it on another computer with the product key - do I only get I use?!!

My apologies for the dealy In getting back to you Anne.

You can use it on another pc, you hae to transfer the license though.

The only way to transfer the license from one pc to another is to use the telephone actiation option when your actiating office on the new computer.. When you talk to one of the actiation specialists, they will de authorize the key on the old computer and allow you to use it on the new one.

You of course, wont be able to use it on the old computer anymore though Anne.

If you have any issues with phone actiavation, let me know.

If my answer helped, please click one of the smiley faces to rate the solution, and then click the submit button to accept the answer..

If my answer did not work, please wait to rate the answer and also wait to submit your rating and instead send me a reply so that I can continue to assist you as needed.

Thanks! D.Sandlin