Viet -MS Office Tech
Viet -MS Office Tech, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Ten years of computer hardware and software support; Windows 10 8 7 Vista XP & Mac; Microsoft Office, etc.
30037186

RA-MS

Customer Question

I want to copy a DVD onto my Windows 7 notebook computer, then burn a blank DVD of that content so that I end of having two identical DVDs.
Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  Viet -MS Office Tech replied 4 years ago.

You can use the burning program on the computer if available, such as Roxio from Start, All programs. If not, you can download and install the CDburnerxp program, then use the Copy or grab disk option from that program:
http://cdburnerxp.se/en/download
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I downloaded above hyperlink, inserted DVD in drive, clicked on "Grab or copy" in the CDburnerxp program...nothing.

What now?

You've rated my answer before we are even finished. I will continue to work with you.

That was quick. You did download AND install right?

Insert the dvd disk you want to copy
, then open CDburnerxp program, then on "Copy or grab" disk option
, then you'll see the Copy disk windows, then click on Copy disk.

Please do not rate my answer until everything is done; please just reply via this web page, so I can help further. Thank you,

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Am still working with the downloaded software. If it ends up that I can successfully complete my task, I'll change my Review! I'm "in process" right now. Will let you know.

You rated my answer before even trying my suggestion. OK, please take your time. Please do not rate until we are finished replying back and forth as needed. Thank you
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

This whole process is not working. Why would something so easy be so complicated?

cdburnerxp copied it, but I cannot call it up on my screen and view it as a video. Can't view it at all.

I've reached my limit for this process. It shouldn't even need this. I expect to simply stick in a DVD, it asks me what I want to do with it, I do it, end of story.

Sorry, it's not a simple process. When you have time, you can come back to continue.

With the dvd inserted, can you open it from (My) Computer, then open the cd/dvd drive letter to see its folders/files and copy them to the computer, then see if you can any file? Thank you
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I've moved on & had a friend make a copy on her Mac. Wish I never asked the question in the first place. We're done here.
Sorry, it's a process; if you have any other computer question/issue, please let me know any time. Thank you