flopcat98
flopcat98, Consultant
Experience:  degree in comp sci. 20+ years install work with networks for small and large companies
23372949

I have a fairly simple Access 2010 Database. Its an inventory

I have a fairly simple Access 2010 Database. It's an inventory for my company. When I take an item out of inventory, I have to search for the primary key & then change 3 "true/false" fields for each record. I'd like to be able to do this in batch form. I have a bar-code scanner to scan the ID# (primary key - a six digit number) which I could enter into a Excel sheet. I'd like to then somehow have the program change the 3 T/F fields to "false, True, True" - no matter their current state.
Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  Rachel-Mod replied 2 years ago.

I'm a moderator for this topic. I've been working hard to find a Professional to assist you with your Access 2010 Database , but sometimes finding the right Professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.

Thank you!

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes, i can wait. Thank-you.

Thank you for your continued patience. We will continue the search for a Professional for you
Expert:  flopcat98 replied 2 years ago.

create a table that has the keys that you scan in from the barcode reader link that to the primary key of the table with the fields you want to change run a modify query to change the fields. setting them to true false and true. As long as its based on the primary key in the first file only those records that match should be effected.

flopcat98, Consultant
Experience: degree in comp sci. 20+ years install work with networks for small and large companies
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I was hoping to get help, (step -step), with the Query I guess. I've created a new table with just the one field (primary key) and linked it to the other (main) table. I've started the query wizard, but don't see any option for a "Modify Query". Thanks!