NewITZone, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  I have been using Office Pro for 10 years and implemented applications for business use.

RA - 112

Customer Question

Outlook 2010 File -> "Manage Rules & Alerts" button flashes but does not come up.

I used Microsoft Windows Easy Transfer to transfer from my old computer (Windows XP and Outlook Express) to my new computer (Windows 7 and Outlook). I learned the hard way that Windows Easy Transfer is broken. I couldn't get the accounts to work.

I tried editing the registry, renaming .pst files, etc. Finally, I was able to create a new Outlook profile and get the accounts to work, but the "Manage Rules & Alerts" button still does not work. The window flashes for a fraction of a second but disappears with no error message. I'd be happy to scrape off Outlook and start from scratch. Can you help with either my small problem (the rules button) or the big problem (scrape off)?
Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  Nick H. replied 3 years ago.
Hi and welcome,

My name isXXXXX will assist you with your issues.

Please exit Outlook. Press and HOLD the SHIFT button and try to open Outlook. When prompted, select Yes to open in Safe Mode.

When Outlook opens, see if you can open Rules and Alerts.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I tried holding the shift key, but Outlook didn't prompt for safe mode. I did run-> "outlook /safe", and the behavior didn't change.

Expert:  Nick H. replied 3 years ago.

This could be an issue with Registry and Outlook Profile issue. It is best to have an expert with remote access to assist you. Let me open your quesiton to all experts with remote access.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I need to leave the house shortly. Can we resume the conversation tomorrow or Monday?

Expert:  Lindie-mod replied 3 years ago.
Hi, I’m a moderator for this topic. It seems the Professional has left this conversation. This happens occasionally, and it's usually because the Professional thinks that someone else might be a better match for your question. I've been working hard to find a new Professional to assist you right away with your Microsoft Office issue, but sometimes finding the right Professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're OK with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you. Thank you!

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I rebooted a couple of times and created another new profile, and the problem fixed itself. On to the next problem.

Since I didn't get any help from JustAnswer, I would like to get my $38 refunded. How do I do that?