Yegarboy
Yegarboy, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  Expert VBA Programmer.
18042535

I am trying to create a price book for my self but cant understand

Customer Question

I am trying to create a price book for my self but cant understand how to do the following:
1. What I want is in price sheet when I choose product category say “Bakery” the next column product name should look up only bakery products and brand should give me the related brands of that product my data sheet should look some thing like sheet 3 “what I want”
For eg if I choose bakery next column should give me only options bread or croissant or cake and if I choose bread the brand should give me only Al Marai, Modern Bakery, Al Ain
Thus similarly if I choose Beverages option to come up should be only Powder Juice,energy Drink, or cola and so on…
I know it can be done but cant get it to work tried with vlookup but cant seem to use it as a validation and option to choose.
2. I shoud be able to add on to the data sheet from price sheet i.e self updating data validation.
3. Lastly I need the weight / unit to be converted to grams from KG and Ounce /gallon based on choice in weight /volume unit. If it is gram the same should be copied if in any other variance it should be converted to grams.
Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  Yegarboy replied 1 year ago.

yegarboy :

Hi and welcome to JA!. In order to better assist you could you please upload your workbook to www.wikisend.com. After upload please provide me with the File ID number or Download Link. Please replace any “Private” data with dummy values to protect your privacy. I will take a look and suggest the best way to accomplish your wants :)

Customer :

unable to upload on the given site any other option available?

Customer :

http://www.wikisend.com/download/322560/

Customer :

http://www.wikisend.com/download/641422/

Customer :

check either of them ......it just leads to a blank screen thus do not know for sure if the same has been attached or not if u can send me an email or something i can email it to u too.

yegarboy :

Thats them :)

Customer :

cool ,in sheet 3 i have prepared how i want my data to look like, going offline now working tomorrow...do u need anything else?

yegarboy :

You sent two..are they the same?

Customer :

yup just pick up any 1

yegarboy :

I will let you know if I have any questions. :)

Customer :

did not know if it has attached properly or not thus uploaded it twice

yegarboy :

Ahh ok

Customer :

k gnight

yegarboy :

Good night :)

Customer :

or shall i say g morn to u

yegarboy :

Its afternoon here

Customer :

k take care

yegarboy :

I added a Sheet called Data to your Workbook. I need you to finish filling it out with all related data before I can finish this. In order for the Category's to be seamless it must be done this way. :)

Customer :

i will try to update as much as possible but i would need to keep adding the items regularly, also each category has its own brand would you be labeling them accordingly in the future? for eg bevrages option Cola brands to choose Pepsi,coca cola,7 up.

Customer :

also just wanted to know the other columns like stores and weights would be added later right?

yegarboy :

Its a challenge to make it adaptable but it can be done :). I would make room for way more info then is needed. e.g 30 rows for each Category or even 40. Yes, we will incorporate Price and weight too.

Customer : Thanks it would take me some time to fill it up I will update as much as possible and try send it to you same time as yesterday ur afternoon
yegarboy :

Sounds good :)

Customer :

I have updated it the maximum possible with enough rows and column as might be required in the future please see if it helps you i was going thru net and found conditional data validation is possible you might want to have a look at that,

Customer :

http://wikisend.com/download/584568/

yegarboy :

Here ya go. The base work is done. Follow the instructions inside to complete. I gave examples and color coded Ranges for ease of understanding :)

yegarboy :

I hope this is what you wanted :) Dont forget to Rate me with a Smiley face so I can get credit for helping you :)

Customer :

sorry but where is the file? couldnt find any attachments...

Customer :

sorry but i am new to all this am i supposed to go back to my uploaded file or something as i cant see any new link to file posted by you also tried to open the previously uploaded file but couldnt view any changes in that apologies for being such a dumwit.

yegarboy :

Thats wierd lol it was there a minute ago.

yegarboy :

Try this :)

yegarboy :

Click the big Green Download button on the right.

Customer :

thanks it all done i managed to get the formula to work too except i need the data validation list to cross update from the price list i.e that instead of updating it in the data sheet what if i could enter into the main sheet and the same gets updated on the data sheet

Customer :

http://www.wikisend.com/download/648622/

Expert:  Lindie-mod replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I’m a moderator for this topic and I wonder whether you’re still waiting for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will do my best to find another Professional to assist you right away. I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you. Thank you!

Lindie
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Dear lindie,
My original question had three parts

1 a dependant validation list which the expert has helped me very nicely.
2 auto updating validation list I.e validation list could be updated by entering values in the price book - still pending
3 convert the weights to gram if oz or gallon is chosen - I managed to find a way myself

It took me a day to respond as expert had given me a task to complete and I wanted to see if it is working al right
I hope u can help me.
Expert:  Lindie-mod replied 1 year ago.
Hi

Thank you for your continued patience. We will continue the search for a Professional for you.

Lindie
Expert:  Yegarboy replied 1 year ago.
Sorry for the late reply. I didnt mean to keep you waiting. I just had surgery and have been out of It. If your ok to wait another day I will sort this out for you :)
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
You take care no issues
Expert:  Yegarboy replied 1 year ago.
I had another look and I cant make it add Data to the Data Sheet from the Main sheet. Thats not possible using our current system. And its about the only way to make it work.