Bernie
Bernie, Office Specialist
Experience:  6+ years experience, Microsoft MCDST/CompTia A+ Certified
46068869

Just installed Office 2010 Student/Home. When I try to save

Customer Question

Just installed Office 2010 Student/Home. When I try to save a document it says I don't have permisssion. However, I am an administrator on my machine? Please help!
Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  Chris L. replied 4 years ago.
Hello and thank you for using Just Answer. My name is Chris and I will be happy to assist you.

Where are you trying to save it to?

Can you try choosing save as and choosing to save on desktop or in documents and let me know what happens.

Thanks
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

My documents. It doesn't matter where I try to save a document nor what type (docx or pptx)

Expert:  Chris L. replied 4 years ago.
Thanks for that info.

Are you having any other computer problems at all?

This a brand new document you are trying to save correct?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

computer is only 2 months old. Works beautifully otherwise. I have tried opening existing and saving or saving as and I have tried creating a new one and I get the same issue.

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here
View Full Image

Register Here

Expert:  Chris L. replied 4 years ago.
My apologies but I am not sure about that error and will need to research it a bit so I will opt/out and send your question back to the other experts so if they are aware of a quick fix they can let you know. You will receive an email when they are ready to help you.

Thank You
Expert:  Bernie replied 4 years ago.

Please try taking ownership of the folder you are trying to save to, using the steps at the link below:

If you still have any issue, click the Windows Start button > In the box, type computer management and then left click it from the search results

On the left expand Local Users and Groups > Groups > In the center pane, double click on Administrators > Does your user account name show there?

If not, in that window, Click the add button > advanced button > Find now > Double click your user account and press ok > Press apply and ok

If not, click Start > In the search box type cmd > Right click cmd from the search results and select Run As Administrator > In the black window, type:

net localgroup administrators localservice /add
net localgroup administrators networkservice /add

Take your time and let me know what you find. I will keep working until you are satisfied, so you can reply back as much as you need. Please also remember a positive rating is the only way I'm paid for my work, so once you feel I have answered all your question(s) satisfactorily please remember to submit one below.

Thank you,
Bernie
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Hi There,

Thanks for your efforts - however I have now solved it on my own by re-running the Office Repair Utility.

Thanks anyways.

Expert:  Bernie replied 4 years ago.
No problem